We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer that is ready to join the challenge of building from the ground-up the Backend Platform that will power our newest game: “Century: Age of Ashes” (on PC and consoles).
This will be a state-of-the-art, custom built, highly distributed, highly scalable, flexible set of services that will provide matchmaking, server management, storage, communication, monetization, liveops and many other online features to Century (and to our next games too).
- Immerse yourself in the needs and challenges posed by a game with hundreds of thousands of Daily Active Users that requires complex tools/dashboards for LiveOps and Analytics.
- Use your knowledge of design patterns and UI/UX best practices to Design and Develop Backend tools for Services such as Matchmaking, Accounts Management, In-App Management, Client Relationship Management, Data Storage, Leaderboards, Analytics.
- Build your tools to satisfy high security and ergonomy expectations.
- Continuously support, improve and expand our Backend Tools after their first delivery as the needs of the game(s) rapidly evolve and the platform will evolve together with them at a rapid pace.
- Work in an agile fashion with the other Backend programmers, Game developers, sysadmins, QA engineers and help everyone achieve the common goals.
- Ensure code quality, clarity and maintenance, following closely the industry standards.
- 1 — 3 years experience in frontend & backend development.
- Good knowledge of one or several modern databases (Redis, Memcache, MongoDb, Cassandra, *SQL etc) and in optimizing their usage for speed and cost effectiveness.
- Good knowledge of client-side technologies such as HTML/CSS/JS and frameworks such as React, Angular or VueJS
- Good knowledge of modern “client-service/service-service” communication stacks (HTTP, REST, OAuth, WebSockets, data structures Serialization, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc).
- Motivated to put to use and deepen your knowledge about design patterns for server-side enterprise applications (eg: microservices architecture).
- Familiar with working Agile (sprints, revision control systems, Jira).
- Experience of working with main cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and with their main services.
- Experience with managing security risks, scalability.
- Deep interest in online gaming.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Experience in online video games.
- Experience in crossplay and cross platform development.
- Good knowledge of DevOps oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with testing and load-testing frameworks.
- The ability to develop from scratch a kick-ass platform that will power our greatest game “Century” and that will become the online foundation of Playwing’s future games.
- Be part of an elite team of talented and experienced engineers and grow together with them as the project expands.
- Motivating salary package, performance-based.
- Paid sick leave, vacation and day-off (40 days per year).
- Ability to work from home.
- Individual development plan.
- Internal education and trainings.
- Payment for external trainings.
- Free English classes and Speaking club from beginner to advanced lvl.
- Compensation for sports activities.
- Massage services.
- Modern office in the city center.
- Free morning schedule.
- Fruits, milk, cookies and sweets throughout the day.
- Living room with Xbox and TV.
- Shower room and bicycle parking.
- Table tennis and foosball.
- Own small gym.
Trailer of the “Century: Age of Ashes”: youtu.be/21T_6N_uYHo
Playwing is an independent game developer and publisher founded in 2017 with the goal to create long-lasting relationships with players for each game we make. Our teams are dedicated to developing passionately innovative, fun, and engaging experiences for all platforms.
Playwing is privately owned by the founders of Ubisoft.