We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Data Team to work alongside our Data Analyst and Data Scientist!
You will join our “Century: Age of Ashes” team and participate in the launch and live development of the project. Multiplayer and free to play game, Century will be launched cross-platform and will bring players into a world of Dark Fantasy and epic dragon fights: https://www.century-age-of-ashes.com/
Your mission will be:
- Supervise the Data Platform. Design and management of databases.
- Develop and maintain the data pipeline. Ensure the security, scalability and quality of the data.
- Manage data extraction from the game to the data storage (data lake).
- Build and develop an environment for Data Scientist and Data Analyst.
- Participate with Data Scientists to optimize their algorithms.
- At least 3 years experience with moving, storing and processing data.
- Experience working with cloud Platforms (GCP, AWS) and their data-oriented components (Google BigQuery, Google PubSub, GKE, Airflow etc).
- Experience with optimizing data transport, storage and processing costs.
- Experience with map-reduce systems (eg: Spark).
- Knowledge of DBMS (SQL, NoSQL). Experience with optimizing data structures in BigQuery preferred.
- Mastering of programming languages (Python, C++ or others).
- Experience with data streaming.
- You are organized, autonomous and good communicator.
- Passion about gaming and its industry.
- Fluent in English.
Extra skills that would be appreciated:
- Experience in Free-to-play games.
- Experience or knowledge in video games engines (Unreal engine 4).
- Sensitivity in machine learning, deep learning (TensorFlow, OpenCV, Dlib, NLTK, Spacy, gensim, Scikit-Learn etc).
- Sensitivity in Data Visualization (Tableau).
- Paid sick leave, vacation and day-off (40 days per year).
- Ability to work from home.
- Individual development plan.
- Internal education and training.
- Payment for external training.
- Free English classes and Speaking club from beginner to advanced lvl.
- Compensation for sports activities.
- Massage services.
- Modern office in the city center.
- Free morning schedule.
- Fruits, milk, cookies and sweets throughout the day.
- Living room with Xbox and TV.
- Shower room and bicycle parking.
- Table tennis and foosball.
- Own small gym.
Playwing is an independent game developer and publisher founded in 2017 with the goal to create long-lasting relationships with players for each game we make. Our teams are dedicated to developing passionately innovative, fun, and engaging experiences for all platforms.
Playwing is privately owned by the founders of Ubisoft.
Trailer of the “Century: Age of Ashes”: youtu.be/21T_6N_uYHo