Group Manager leads a group of scrum teams. Creates an environment that encourages and supports technology excellence. Is involved in the professional activity and invests in developing the team: directs, educates, brings ideas about process improvements and specialization.
• 5+ years’ experience in managing teams,
• 5+ years as experience as a server developer (Java stec is an advantage)
• Good understanding of SCRUM methodology,
• Experience of Driving scrum in teams
• Experience of work in matrix organizations
• Result driven
• Open mindedness to changes within a dynamic environment
• Managements skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, highly motivated, assertive
• Ability to perform under pressure and changing priorities
• Conflict management and resolution skills
• Good English, ability to communicate fluently
• An exciting and challenging job and talented guys around
• Comfortable office near the ’Osokorki’ metro station with magnificent view at the whole right bank of the Dnieper, an article about it here — dou.ua/...les/dou-revisor-playtika
• Professional Trainings. Our developers appreciate such events as JeeConf, XP Days, JavaDay, CraftConf, DevOxx, GeekOut, JavaZone. And company often pays for tickets.
• Substantial performance bonuses paid two times a year
• Salary review once a year
• Free corporate English lessons
• Partial payment of sports, for example Sportlife club
• 20 working days paid vacation
• Medical insurance
• Cute and funny corporate events — some of them definitely unforgettable. We have fun like that www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikksPvEGQfc&t=3s
• By the way, you can feel us here — www.facebook.com/playtikaua
• Leads development projects within the Group
• Cooperates closely with Product Owners to assure development focus and target delivery; co-develops product roadmaps
• Encourages “best-practice” sharing through the participation and promotion of meetings, newsletters, knowledge sharing programs and all other initiatives
• Ensures proper risk management
• Improves the achievements of his group
• Promotes a culture of quality (zero defects approach) in his teams
• Manages and prioritizes the team’s tasks, while balancing business thinking with the team’s needs.
• Defines challenging goals for himself and his group
• Helps his/her employees in getting the best out of themselves. Encourages autonomy and independence of the employees.
• Runs performance management and performance improvement processes within the group
• Is Involved in the professional activity and invests in developing the team: Directs, educates, brings about process improvements and specialization
• Takes full accountability for the continuous improvement of his group
• Committed and accountable for the professional development of his group members
• Coaches and supports his employees
• Invests in team building and motivation within the group.
• Help the team to identify and resolve risks and impediments, resolve bottlenecks and conflicts
• Lead continuous improvement in process and engineering practices on the company level
• Support and empower team growth in becoming a Scrum self-organized team, capable of execution according to plan and meeting commitments
• Continuously work with group efficiency
• Ensure that scrum is methodology is working in the teams
• Effective collaboration with other groups and departments: TPO, TAT, Architects, SM, CC, etc.
• Facilitate product technology innovation and improvement of Engineering practices
• Passion for best practices, re-use, knowledge sharing
• Promote a culture of a quality in all teams
We are developing a platform which supports our games. The team is focused on delivering features to our services ecosystem. This requires clear understanding of high-load distributed applications as well as microservices.
Here is the speech of technical lead of this team at XP Days Conference (Dec 2014) — www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGrbsFQG_o
If you are interested in our domain, here is the speech of VP Business Development at Playtika (About Social Casino industry. Casual Connect’14):
And the speech of our CTO (if you are interested in some aspects of our technology stack):