We are looking for Java Developer to warm welcome to the team. To the team of professional and experienced developers. We love agile and use TDD. According to millions of users our projects are definitely high-load.
You will be a significant part of a team of experienced engineers who are continuously creating new features and pushing our servers to handle higher loads efficiently. You will design and implement highly scalable features and infrastructure services using modern technologies and xp practices (test-driven development is a must in our projects). As a software engineer, you will have to manage complexity through thoughtful software design to ensure we can grow and scale our product without sacrificing development speed or quality.
Our technology stack is pretty wide, in our recent projects we mainly used Java, Groovy, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Netflix stack (Eureka, Hystrix, Archaius, Zuul), Couchbase, Apache Kafka, Kafka Streams, MemSQL, Neo4J, Redis and other tools and frameworks that helped us to build fast, reliable, multi-threaded, highly scalable, service-oriented web services.
What we are looking for:
* Deep Java knowledge (Java Core, multithreading, Java EE)
* Strong awareness of current web development standards and frameworks (e.g. Spring Framework)
* Experience with messaging systems (JMS, xMQ, Kafka)
* A mastery of object-oriented design, design patterns and software design best practices
* Familiarity with agile and XP practices
* Desire to write tests
* Experience leading the design, development, delivery, and support of technically complex software products.
* Proficiency at understanding an existing codebase, learning from it, and documenting/explaining when needed.
Nice to have:
* NoSQL database experience (we use Couchbase) is a plus
* Deep knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, caching is a plus
* Experience with Groovy and other dynamic languages (Groovy, Python, Ruby, Clojure) is a plus
* Experience using test driven development
* Expertise in building highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed services is an advantage
• An exciting and challenging job and talented guys around
• Comfortable office near the ’Osokorki’ metro station with magnificent view at the whole right bank of the Dnieper, an article about it here — dou.ua/...les/dou-revisor-playtika
• Professional Trainings. Our developers appreciate such events as JeeConf, XP Days, JavaDay, CraftConf, DevOxx, GeekOut, JavaZone. And company often pays for tickets.
• Substantial performance bonuses paid two times a year
• Salary review once a year
• Free corporate English lessons
• Partial payment of sports, for example Sportlife club
• 20 working days paid vacation
• Medical insurance
• Cute and funny corporate events — some of them definitely unforgettable. We have fun like that www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikksPvEGQfc&t=3s
• By the way, you can feel us here — www.facebook.com/playtikaua
We are developing a platform which supports our games. The team is focused on delivering features to our services ecosystem. This requires clear understanding of high-load distributed applications as well as microservices.
Here is the speech of technical lead of this team at XP Days Conference (Dec 2014) — www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhGrbsFQG_o
If you are interested in our domain, here is the speech of VP Business Development at Playtika (About Social Casino industry. Casual Connect’14):
And the speech of our CTO (if you are interested in some aspects of our technology stack):