We are looking for Director of Engineering to join our Kyiv office on a full-time basis.
Playtika — the company of storytellers and coders, artists and data-scientists, explorers, and strategists. Since 2010, Playtika has been a pioneer in the social games industry. Playtika doesn’t just build games. It brings them to life. Fueled by over six terabytes of data daily, our games are continuously evolving journeys, personalized to deliver new challenges and surprising thrills, at every twist and every turn.
We were the first to introduce free-to-play casino-style games to social networks. We are successfully applying our intuitive understanding of what players want. That’s why we have 30 million players and 17 offices around the world.
As a Director of Engineering, you will be in charge of the R&D of Features Division for House of Fun product, leading
• work in the leading global online gaming company with modern technologies, high-load product (600 000 DAU )
• manage end-to-end delivery with authority to influence the final result
• a lot of ownership on processes, end-to-end delivery — QA, Art, Development
• a lot of professional challenges
• lead 2 Groups of 9 teams, it is
• ensure quality delivery of projects on time
• be part of Senior Tech management of the company
• lead flagship R&D projects
• build effective communication channels with other studios and development teams to remove dependencies
• manage production incidents
• approve project estimations made by teams
• work on improvements of current processes and be the influencer
• motivate and mentor subordinates
• at least 10 years of experience in the tech industry
• technical background as a developer (Java or .Net) — 3 years
• PM skills to work with dependencies, parallel tasks, estimations, building communication channels — 7 years
• business and Product understanding
• leadership experience (from teams to groups more than 50 people, managing managers)
• experience with Agile methodologies, we use Scrum — 5 years
• delivery orientation, focus on teams’ efficiency and quality
• excellent communication skills in English and Ukrainian/Russian, knowledge of how to motivate the team and get along with many interfaces.
• Gaming industry
• Mobile development
• Off-shore management
• Startup and corporate
• Micro-services architecture
• Leading DevOps and B2C Production
• Work with the creative friendly team at interesting projects using cutting-edge technologies
• Comfortable office easy to reach from any spot of the city
• Annual salary review and performance bonus
• 21 working days paid vacation and sick leave
• Sport compensation (Sport Life is our partner)
• Medical insurance (Ukraine and travel)
• Free corporate English lessons
• Help and support for candidates from other cities
• Possibility to attend local and international professional training and conferences at the company’s expense
• Exciting company and team events.
Playtika is a multiplatform social games developer.
We are the #1 grossing Facebook game developer as well as a Top 10 grossing developer on iOS & Android worldwide.
Founded in 2010, Playtika immediately enjoyed skyrocketing growth and expanded quickly by acquiring other leading game titles.
House of Fun -is one of the most popular Platika’s products — apps.facebook.com/houseoffun
Find out more about Playtika in 77 seconds vimeo.com/233735189