• 2+ years of experience in professional software development
• A degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Core Java
• Software Design Patterns
• Database Design (NoSQL / SQL)
• OO and Functional Programming
• Distributed Computing and API Integration best practices
• Good Communication Skills
• Akka / Actor pattern
• Google Cloud Platform
• ELK (Elastic Search / Logstash / Kibana)
• Reactive Streams
• Scala, Python, Bash
• Additional Information
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
You will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, from QA Engineers, Front End Developers, through to the Product and Marketing team.
You are expected to assist with software design patterns, assess areas of weakness within the software infrastructure and work within the team to design and implement superior methodologies and ship them to production. Like any Production stack, ours requires maintenance to ensure reliability and traceability for our 30K+ (and growing) concurrent users.
Candidates will be focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning, scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
• Design, code and debug core platform components
• Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
• Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
• Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
• Maintaining and enhancing existing product code
• Cooperate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
• Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team
• Active participation in agile scrum process.
• Excellent Communication Skills
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations.
We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules /regulations (eg UK UKGC, Italy). We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps.
Our development team in Kiev has a key role in modernising and enhancing the Bingo platform, designing and developing a new suite of tools which will take Bingo to the next level.
This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
Our applications span over 15 years of development and range from traditional Monoliths to modern Micro Service paradigms. Our tech stack is just as broad, and includes (but not limited to):
Oracle / Postgres SQL
Jenkins / CI / CD
Junit with Mockito
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.