• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• 4+ years of experience working in Release Management.
• Experience in office and collaboration tools (SharePoint, JIRA, Portfolio, Confluence).
• Advanced knowledge of SCM, continues integration and software repositories tools (Git/Jenkins/Bamboo/Nexus/Artifactory/Docker).
• Experience being on an Agile team (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and delivering work as part of that team.
• Strong experience with application change management process, release schedule.
• Strong experience in backend deployment processes, understanding of change management processes including release management.
• Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, formal methodologies and disciplines for implementing new or enhanced applications with complex rollouts/release cycles.
• Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
• Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
• Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role.
• Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
• Fluent English
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
• Develop/maintain a release management discipline based on experience, best practices and proven methodologies
• Create comprehensive documentation on the release process, roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures
• Lead release planning meetings and activities, conduct release readiness reviews, post implementation reviews to ensure successful deployments
• Serve as the key release representative in all communication, management and decision-making forums/discussions
• Serve as an escalation point for all issues and questions associated with a release
• Provide on-going written and verbal release status updates to various stakeholders
• Define and establish release schedules
• Coordinate tracking of defects during release phases; coordinate with Product Owner or responsible team member to ensure follow up and closure of defect
• Manage the risk and deployment of deliverables to production and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time
• Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Mentor development team members and other interested parties on release management standards to be followed
• Track milestone signoffs, code freeze, exception approvals
• Act as a liaison between all technology departments and influence new ideas and processes
• Uses post release reviews to improve and adjust the release management process
Development of the whole gaming platform for Asian and European markets from scratch. The current platform is oriented only on the European market (400+ games and millions of users, 4k servers and 200k+ simultaneous online sessions), but it’s 80% of the functionality is not relevant for the Asian market. The goal of the project is to leave just 20% of the functionality of the analogical existing product for the European market and make simple, ultra-scalable service, applicable for Asian market size and new markets in Western Europe and Americas.
We are looking for an experienced Release Manager to oversee the entire release management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases.
The goal of the Release Manager is to minimize adverse impacts associated with changes to overall services and service availability.
The Release Manager will also be responsible for establishing required policies, business processes, procedures and practices to appropriately address the risk tolerance of the organization and supports the release management discipline.
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities