· 5+ years of back-end development experience in building large, complex, highly scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails framework (good knowledge of ruby is a must).
· Good knowledge of relational database management systems (preferably MySQL/MariaDB) and corresponding ORMs (preferably ActiveRecord)
· Good written and spoken English
· Deep understanding and practical experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
· Good understanding of design patterns and knowledge of best practices in web application architecture.
· Experience in designing architecture for Ruby of Rails applications
· DevOps experience
· Experience in the Online Video Slots Industry
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Professional growth
Quickspin is expanding its product portfolio with a newly acquired games platform. This platform will be used to service all our major customers. The platform team is a multi-functional, agile team, that once it’s fully operational will be responsible for both operating the systems as well as building new exiting features towards our long list of highly successful customers. The Platform is used for delivering the games as well as reporting, configuration and monitoring of the gaming operation.
As a Ruby Developer at Quickspin, you are an important part of our platform team. The role focusing on developing and maintenance of multiple critical components for high transaction system and test-driven development. Our agile team is located in Stockholm, Sweden and in Kyiv. We have daily stand-ups and weekly planning/grooming meetings where we as a team decide on what we should focus on. You will work closely with Swedish and Ukrainian colleagues on the Platform, where you will be developing new features, supporting existing features, helping our colleagues from support team and participating in the improvements of the existing architecture.
We work in an ambitious, casual and fun atmosphere where we take a lot of pride in the games we create.
Quickspin is a Playtech company and one of the world’s leading providers of innovative and entertaining video slots. We have a long and successful history of creating award-winning games and doing so with awesome colleagues. We constantly strive to improve and are now looking for a Ruby Developer to join us in our Kyiv office, located in the city center (‘Palats Sportu’ metro station).