• 1+ years’ professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#)
• Linux / Unix experience
• An interest in Python and Open Source technologies
• Ability to learn on the job and show an aptitude for solving complex technical problems
• Solid experience with relational databases
• Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems
• Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB)
• Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops)
• Experience of Python, Tornado
• Experience of Docker, Kubernetes
• An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website
• Possibility to work with a product company
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Development of our Sportsbook product and applications
• Implementing new features and maintaining production code
• Designing innovative solutions to complex problems
• Contributing meaningful peer code reviews
• Implementing unit tests
• Working in an agile development process
Playtech Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech’s comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
As a Software Developer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone’s input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we use many Open Source technologies, keeping our tech stack cutting edge where possible. Your role as a Software Engineer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.