• A degree (with honours) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years’ experience developing software
• Good technical experience with Java and JS for front-end and back-end.
• Extensive background in development and delivering complex projects throughout the lifecycle.
• A passion for delivering value to customers via agile software development.
• Experience in modern Web technologies — building mobile ready, responsive web applications, multi-lingual product (desktop, mobile, native mobile)
• Experience managing within scrum framework.
• Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
• Experience hiring, onboarding, developing strong engineering teams
• Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team performance
• Ability to take initiative and make an impact on the larger organization.
• Experience with distributed Computing and API Integration best practices
• Experience in SQL, relational databases, database concepts, dimensional modelling, and database design
• Will be good if you know frameworks like NodeJS, React, Pixi.JS
• Experience in TDD/BDD
• It is good if you experience with Mocha, Jasmine, and other test tools — Chai, Karma, Junit, Mockito
• Our product launched on a lot of platforms and it is good if have experience with adaptive and cross platform design
• Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket).
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large-scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.
As a Technical Team Lead, you will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of engineers, from Frontend Devs, Backend Devs and QA to deliver frequent and high-impact value to our customers. You will be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects. In an agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication. Innovative thinking and the ability to ramp up on new technologies, patterns, and frameworks while also retaining focus on long-term objectives are critical to the success of the role.
You are expected to assist with software design patterns, assess areas of weakness within the software infrastructure and work within the team to design and implement superior methodologies and ship them to production. Like any Production stack, ours requires maintenance to ensure reliability and traceability for our 30K+ (and growing) concurrent users.
Candidates will be focused on large scale enhancements to the existing Bingo product, including new systems built using SOA technologies, new game engines, application performance tuning, scalability, and integrations with external systems belonging to new customers.
• Manage high performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing, global organization.
• Leading a growing team of 10+ team members ( front-end, back-end and QA)
• Partner closely with development, product, and leadership to facilitate project delivery
• Leveraging your background, actively contribute to technical discussions and strategy
• Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
• Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
• Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to improve team performance, quality, and communication
• Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top engineering talent.
• Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
• Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating Playtech values through mentorship and coaching
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations. We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules /regulations (e.g. UK UKGC, Italy). We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps. This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
• Webpack 4
• HTML 5
• Java 8
• Spring BOOT
• Spring MVC
• Oracle / Postgres SQL
• Apache Kafka