Experience in Java paired with an interest in game development is valued highly. At Quickspin, we embrace automation, CI and easy infrastructures. We have customer bases all over the world, and our environment supports Linux, Windows and OSX. Experience in working with REST Endpoints in Java is a merit, as well as an ability to gather and implement valuable statistics. It is a plus if you have previously worked with Linux as well as security and risk evaluation.
We appreciate that you are a self-propelled Java developer who is in for an exciting challenge of optimizing algorithms using the JVM software.
What we are looking for:
• 3+ years of experience in Java, Maven and Git;
• CI experience, as well as experience in AWS and Docker;
• Experience in working with REST Endpoints in Java;
• An ability to gather and implement valuable statistics;
• Optimizing algorithms using the JVM software;
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English;
• Enjoys working within an Agile cross-functional team and supporting your team members;
• A real passion for delivering the most optimized and efficient solutions, and a real sense of ownership;
Bonus points for...
• Experience in Linux environment and Linux shell scripting
• Experience with JIRA (or similar);
• Experience from the gambling industry
• Possibility to work with a product company
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
Quickspin is a Playtech company, developing high-quality video slots for the free to play, social and the online gambling market. We are a team of passionate slot enthusiasts who keep pushing boundaries through innovative gameplay which can be seen throughout our games. We also happen to be really awesome. With our constant drive to be better, we’re now looking for a Java Developer to join us in the skilled development team.
About the role
In this role, you will be a part of the Backend team whilst independently focusing on developing the backbone of our games and implementing the prototypes that our developers and mathematicians create. Java developer is a key role, so it is important that you are self-sufficient and able to drive your tasks autonomously. We structure interesting yet challenging algorithms, this is where your problem-solving skills will come into play.
Quickspin releases quite a few games during the year and as a Java developer you will be involved in several projects, overseeing our development framework and building an infrastructure in a key role. A Java developer at Quickspin typically works with Maven, Git, AWS, Docker, JVM, REST Endpoint and Java Concurrency. We highly value optimization and the ability to debug your own code when needed.