What we are looking for:
• Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL/MariaDB databases;
• Data Modelling and Database Design experience;
• SQL guru — you can write, and optimize, a query for anything;
• Database tuning; query optimization, monitoring database performance, planning storage allocation and architecture for best performance;
• Diagnose and resolve database access and performance problems;
• Setting up databases and do DB administrative tasks;
• Experience and success in automating DB administrative tasks;
• Experience in Linux environment and Linux shell scripting;
• Problem-solving expertise and attention to detail;
• Ability to work on call and provide 24/7 production support when needed;
• Enjoys working within an Agile cross-functional team and supporting your team members;
• A real passion for delivering the most reliable and performant database possible, and a real sense of ownership;
Bonus points for...
• PostgreSQL DBA experience;
• BI experience;
• Periscope Data experience.
• Experience with JIRA (or similar);
• Experience from the gambling industry
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
Quickspin is a Playtech company, developing high-quality video slots for the free to play, social and the online gambling market. We are a team of passionate slot enthusiasts who keep pushing boundaries through innovative gameplay which can be seen throughout our games. We also happen to be really awesome.
About the role:
Quickspin is looking for an experienced MySQL/MariaDB Database developer to join our Kyiv office. The position is within the Quickspin Platform team. The platform is the heart of our business, a high-volume casino platform running on MariaDB. The Database Developer will work as an integral part of the Java/Python/Ruby development team. The job includes guiding the experienced team on database design and architecture, leading performance optimization, Creating ad-hoc SQL Reports and queries. You will also work with our Datawarehouse in AWS RedShift and help reporting teams to ensure the accuracy and availability of the Data.
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.