PlayQ is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us as an integral member of our Engineering team. In this role, you’ll scale our CI/CD pipeline to handle dozens of releases a day, and continuously improve the jobs in our pipeline, optimizing for speed, observability, and reliability. Your pipeline and consistent, dependable release process will empower our talented developers to continue to expand our mobile portfolio across millions of users. This role has the unique opportunity to partner with our global team and leverages a variety of cutting-edge commercial and open source tools to get the job done.
The ideal candidate is versatile and has a broad range of build pipeline, pipeline as code, and bash/python scripting experience as well as a desire to learn new technologies. If you’re excited by the opportunity to take on new challenges as we continue to innovate in an ever changing industry then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get to create:
- Collaborate with other engineers and cross-functional teams to integrate new build and deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements
- Build, configure, and maintain the CI/CD pipelines for our games and services on TeamCity and GitHub Actions
- Design and implement tools and processes to build and deploy software releases
- Support CI/CD tools integration, operations, change management, and maintenance
- Maintain the continuous integration and deployment of internal tools to multiple environments
- Manage and document deployment processes and automation
- Assist in IT needs such as user provisioning and deprovisioning
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Computer Science, and/or Math degree from an accredited college/university
- 2-4+ years of Software Development or DevOps experience
- Experience with Linux, Windows, and MacOS
- Basic understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (AWS Knowledge a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Bash, Python and/or other languages in similar environments
- Expert level knowledge of TeamCity, GitHub Actions or similar CI systems
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- Basic knowledge of object oriented programming concepts
- Experience using TeamCity Kotlin DSL
- Experience with Java development processes
- Knowledge of Terraform, Kubernetes
- Understanding of containers and container-based services (Docker, Docker Compose, Rocket, LXC, etc)
What we can offer you:
- Remote Work Environment. This position offers the flexibility to work remotely. You’ll closely collaborate with our Ukrainian team and global teammates worldwide. Our flexible approach, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Comprehensive medical, dental insurance
- Flexible time off
- Virtual team-building activities
- Conferences and continued learning
- Exceptional innovative and dynamic work environment
- Tremendous growth & career advancement opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn’t love games?