Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Philadelphia, New York City, Kyiv, Amsterdam, London, Oslo, Paris, Berlin, Singapore, Tokyo, and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software and strategic services to the world’s leading media companies and brands, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Wall Street Journal, BBC, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, Crédit Agricole, Deutsche Telekom, and more than 1000 other clients. Our software and services enable these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
We’re looking for a designer to join our reporting & analytics team. Your role will be conceptualizing, designing, prototyping, delivering, and supporting world-class reporting and analytics interfaces that live within our product ecosystem. At Piano, we believe that our product experience is the brand experience — to that end, our designers are key stakeholders of not only our product experience, but also our brand identity and international market appeal.
What you’ll do:
- You will continually drive forward the holistic identity, sophistication, character, and recurring patterns of our brand and our overall design system.
- You will set the standard of excellence in design and maintain it throughout every phase of a project.
- You will collaborate with designers, product managers, strategists, business analysts, and data scientists by utilizing the latest technologies and software.
- You will study, understand and translate complex data into rich storytelling opportunities and sophisticated report designs.
- You will discover, conceptualize, and fully form the complete design vision for features, visualizations, and reports and guide them through to actualization.
- You will continually push the envelope by seeking radically new ways of solving problems both new and old, familiar and unfamiliar.
- You will leverage, evolve, and contribute to the core components, styles, elements, visual assets and tools that make up our design system.
- You will build and maintain flexible and consistent design systems and component libraries.
- You will be able to clearly and patiently explain your work, defend your decisions, and use constructive criticism to help improve your work.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Has a proven track record in designing high-class, cutting edge digital products and experiences.
- Has at least 1-2 years of design experience in analytics, reporting, or data visualization projects.
- Experience in at least two of the following: Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, D3.js, Highcharts, and other comparable chart libraries.
- Has a fundamental understanding of data visualization and charting principles.
- Can intuitively weave new technologies, emerging design and interaction trends, and timeless design principles together.
- Knows the rules, but knows when and how to use them, bend, break, or rewrite them entirely in the pursuit of new and innovative solutions.
- Has an eye and an intuition for what “feels right” in the absence of objectivity.
- Has either an interest or a talent in ancillary skillsets: 3D, motion graphics, programming, prototyping, or generative/procedural design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Can simultaneously think about the big picture and all of the little details.
- Can present, articulate, defend, and critique your ideas, concepts, and solutions — as well as those of your team.