Piano is a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company with operations in Philadelphia, New York City, Buenos Aires, Amsterdam, London, Oslo, Paris, Berlin, Singapore, Tokyo, and elsewhere globally. We provide enterprise software and strategic services to the world’s leading media companies, including NBC Universal, the Economist, Dow Jones, BBC, Techcrunch, Bloomberg, Le Parisien, Gannett, Mainichi Shimbun, and more than 400 other clients. The company is now at an inflection point as it aggressively moves into other industries outside of media. Our software and services enable these companies to create customized digital experiences for users, restrict and sell access to content online, and analyze user behavior in order to drive engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
The Business Analyst Intern works with appropriate departmental stakeholders and staff to understand business priorities and translate business requirements into technical specifications with the Product Manager for the development team.
- Gather input from internal stakeholders and customers, defining user stories and acceptance criteria, coordinating project efforts across multiple development and business teams, and conducting user and competitor research.
- Work with business stakeholders and external customers to gather business requirements for future development projects.
- Ensure that the software development team has complete and accurate functional specifications so they can deliver timely, high quality product releases.
- Collaborate with technical leads to validate acceptance criteria and functional requirements to deliver complete and accurate specifications to the development team.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive marketplace and competitor features. Perform gap analysis on such.
- Partner with Product Manager to engage with customers on a periodic basis to analyze their usage of the product, determining areas for improvement to inform future feature development.
- Collaborate with UX designers to create screen mock-ups and workflows.
- Coordinate with product management to triage, plan, and prioritize feature requests, bugs/defects, and other development items reported by Piano customers.
- Propose new projects and/or functionality that aligns with product vision and company goals; promote visibility of overlooked or under-valued projects.
- 3+ years of professional experience (some technical experience is preferred).
- 1+ years experience performing software systems business analysis.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer and internal business needs, and translate these into well-defined, actionable planning and development projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to articulate complex design and functional concepts to business stakeholders, external customers, and technical personnel such as software developers and quality assurance engineers.
- Expertise in creating user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with Figma and/or other UI/UX mock-up tools.
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, and/or other collaboration software systems.
- Experience working at a SaaS company.
What We Offer:
- 24 working days of paid vacation.
- Extended medical insurance after the trial period.
- Unlimited number of sick leaves.
- Partial compensation (50%) of professional trainings, webinars and language courses.
- Stock option plan.
- Quarterly sales commission system.
- Referral bonus for successfully hired candidate.
- Ability to establish yourself as an expert and leader about top level management of international news media companies.
- The vibrant atmosphere of fast-growing team of top professionals.
- Vivid team-building events.
- Hybrid office model.
- Ultra-modern office downtown Kyiv.
- Free car parking area.
- Fruits, snacks, and lunches in the office.