The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
• 6+ years’ experience in software development
• 2+ years’ experience of leading more than 8 people in an international company
• Experience in recent years of agile approaches for software development
• Strong leadership, communication, cooperation and sharing skills
• 10+ years’ progressive software engineering and technology management experience with a minimum of 5+ years delivering technology solutions; developing designs and setting architecture strategy.
• 5+ years’ experience successfully managing, leading and developing a team of technical professionals required.
• 3+ years developing corporate policy and procedure in regards to solution architecture and software engineering/development.
• Working knowledge of Cloud platforms preferred (Azure, AWS).
• Advanced program and project planning skills. Working knowledge of Project Management and Testing tools (MS Project, VSTS, PWA desirable).
• Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall Development methodologies, and project management.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, Outlook)
• Desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Proficient in English
• Strong commitment to teamwork, ability to work with direct and matrix resources from multiple cultural/ethnic backgrounds, across multiple locations and time zones.
• Ability to create loyalty, trust and following. One who can energize people and teams around the company’s future and make cross-functional collaboration happen.
• Ability to lead through ambiguity and loosely defined goals.
• Highly adept at working through and influencing others.
• A driven self-starter obsessed with moving the company forward, who thrives in a fast paced, rapid execution environment. A solid executor, someone who gets things done.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to see how parts interact with the whole (“big picture”-thinking), while still being detail oriented, decisive and goal oriented.
• Demonstrated accountability, thought-leadership, initiative, independence and willingness to learn.
• Demonstrated, hands-on leadership in development and implementation of contemporary enterprise technology architectures, best practices and current innovations across technology solutions and platforms
• Leading a software development team with more then 20 people in an international environment
• Partner with all key business functions to determine business requirements to inform IT service needs
• Facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new and existing technology implementations and maintenance
• Own the review of hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale and reduce organizational risk
• Define and communicate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems
• Ensure delivery of IT services with end users, monitoring of IT systems performance, and continuous improvement
• Collaborate with team members in a multi-cultural environment and distributed teams on other departments
Petrosoft’s founder is a retail operator and engineer who initially developed a cloud-based back-office software solution in 2002. Today, the company provides a platform, integration options, software, hardware, and services. These solutions are designed to take advantage of advances in technology, address changes in consumer demand, and enable seamless connections within today’s retail ecosystem.
From its headquarters in Pittsburgh, the company supports its POS, foodservice, fuel management, and back-office product lines as well as its integration with industry-leading technology partners SAP. IBM. Microsoft .