Petcube, Inc. is a leading technology company that keeps people connected with their pets. It has emerged as a technology leader, claiming a new category of Connected Pet that’s defined at the intersection of Connected Home and Pet Care.
We are looking to hire a self-confident Middle Android Software Engineer who has a passion for developing balanced solutions for mobile apps. The one with a gut for working in a dynamic product environment and not being afraid to initiate, boost, and execute new tasks.
A person, that seeks a more independent kind of work, in terms of doing things with specifications that are leaving space for creativity.
- Support and develop features in the Petcube Android app
- Prototype and design new solutions
- Strong analytical and coding skills
- Analyzing and enhancing the current architecture of the app
- 2+ years of consistent experience with Android app development
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Programming experience in the Kotlin ecosystem
- Experience in understanding large, mature codebases, including API design techniques
- Knowledge of UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Unstoppable desire to make technology and design decisions to deliver a fast, secure, and insanely usable app
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems, to think out of the box
- Kotlin as a primary development language, along with Coroutines for asynchronous communication and MVI (ViewModel-based) for the presentation layer architecture.
- Java with MVP and Rx2 that await to be migrated to our main stack (are you up for a challenge?)
- Dagger 2
- OkHttp, Retrofit, Gson
- Firebase (Crashlytics, Remote Config)
- Native libraries with NDK layer
- Lottie, Glide
Nice to have
- Experience with NDK, C/C++, and native libraries in mobile apps
- Experience with engineering quality assurance mechanisms (unit, international, instrumentation tests, TDD)
- Experience in audio/video streaming, and related libraries (FFmpeg, etc.)
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
- Published own pet/experimental projects
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits
- A team of passionate professionals whom you will be excited to work with
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth, fueled by a fusion of Silicon Valley Engineering culture and the founding team’s work ethics
- We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do
Petcube is the leader in the Connected Pet space, and the maker of the best-selling pet cameras and software, connecting people to their pets.
Our products enable people to see, talk, play, and feed their pets remotely while keeping them safe and healthy.