● Demonstrated focus on automation
● Proven track record of partnering with different engineering teams and completing company wide initiatives in areas such as automation, security, migrations and monitoring.
● Deep systems engineering and computer architecture background (e.g. Operating Systems and Networking)
Deep knowledge and extensive experience in:
● Big data stack such as Kafka, Hive, Data warehouses, Hadoop (Cloudera, EMR) deployed in AWS, ElasticSearch.
● Use of Terraform and Ansible to automate resources in the public cloud.
● Implementation of monitoring and observability in the stack.
Experience in managing and performance tuning of Postgres instances.
● People: Get an opportunity to work with the top engineering talent in a true Silicon Valley startup
environment: we have Google and Facebook alumni, as well as startup founders in our engineering team.
Our rockstar team is our greatest asset.
● Challenge: We are pioneering the Revenue Intelligence space and transforming how sales
and marketing teams operate. Help us solve the problems no one solved before.
● Opportunity: Join a
offer you an opportunity to accelerate your career with us.
● Compensation: Salary from 7,000 USD/mo as determined by level & qualifications. Stock options.
100% covered premium medical insurance for you and your family. Unlimited PTO
● Take ownership of Kafka clusters, review current implementation and work to implement and automate best practices across all teams and further improve observability and monitoring of the clusters.
● Evaluate alternatives to Databricks for running spark jobs and notebooks. Ideally, the alternative environment should run jobs on top of Kubernetes and should include logging, monitoring and observability.
● Review People.ai’s Hive Metastore and datalake implementation and evangelize best practices and work to improve the performance of the environment.
● Support all teams in adoption of Kafka and streaming stack as the company makes a big push from batch processing to streaming.
● Standardize implementation of RDS Postgres through best practices, and improving availability, reliability and visibility of the environment.
People.ai stands alone in our ability to harness business activity to unlock growth for our customers. We’ve been awarded 49 patents and have an additional 50+ under review. We’ve also received validation via Gartner’s Hype Cycle for CRM Sales Technology, inclusion in Forrester’s New XX Wave, the Y Combinator Top Companies List, and the Forbes AI 50 list.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, People.ai is backed by Y Combinator and Silicon Valley’s top investors, including ICONIQ Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Akkadian Ventures, and Mubadala Capital. To learn more, visit us online at: www.people.ai"