Do you want to develop in a dynamic field, make a career and achieve great results?
We invite you for a two-week internship as a Clients Manager.
Within two weeks, all participants will receive the necessary theoretical knowledge, as well as try their hand at practice.
You will have a unique opportunity to complete paid training within our company and we will invite the best players to become a part of our team!
What do we expect from you
• Brilliant speaking and written communication skills (upper-intermediate +);
• Empathy and understanding client’s perspective;
• Desire to learn and quickly develop new skills;
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills;
• Interpersonal skills;
• Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner;
• Good organizational and time management skills;
• Good ’people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients;
• A professional manner;
• Attention to details;
• Problem-solving aptitude.
What awaits you
• Build long-term relationships with key clients;
• Address customers’ concerns in a timely manner;
• Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements;
• Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives;
• Encourage customer feedback;
• Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner;
• Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams;
• Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust;
• Identify customers’ needs and wants;
• Collaborate with internal teams.
How to participate
Аttach your resume and tell us:
• about your education
• about your experience
• why do you want to take part in the program
Our project is a predecessor in the field of cryptocurrency and digital currency exchange.
What do we think is the most important — being a team player and working for a common goal, being ever creative & open to all new inventions, being ready to beat your own records.
Is this all about you — so then let’s discuss details!