We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and ready-to-learn engineer to develop superior product solutions within our fast-growing business. Are you adaptable, driven, and friendly? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment where collaboration is the norm? If the answer is yes, you’re a Panda, and we want you to join our team.
You’ll join one of PandaDoc’s engineering tracks — Day2Day. Day2Day track enables the customers to navigate and stay on top of what’s important and what matters via smooth, easy, and enjoyable daily operations. You’ll have the opportunity to deliver many new exciting features in a team of passionate professionals, from insightful reporting to timely and informative real-time notifications, from fluid first-time user experience to an efficient workflow for the power users.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the whole development process: backlog refinement, coding, testing and releasing product features
- Work in a cross-functional team of 5-7 people and collaborate closely with other teams on the track
- Build, maintain and improve the application architecture and performance
- Actively collaborate with product managers and scrum masters
- Follow and contribute to agile development processes (LeSS framework)
- Service-oriented architecture
- Two main stacks: Java and Python
- Python services are mostly written using AsyncIO frameworks and libraries, but we also have Django-based services with Celery workers under the hood
- Message queues: NATS, Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Prometheus stack for monitoring and alerting, Jaeger for tracing
- Amazon Web Services: EKS, RDS (PostgreSQL mostly), ElastiCache, etc.
- Backend experience with Python (2+ years)
- Experience with any relational databases (SQL queries, migrations, optimization)
- Experience with message queues (e.g., RabbitMQ, NATS, Kafka)
- Experience with Django framework
- Good understanding of the development cycle from requirements analysis and deployment to application monitoring
- Hands-on experience in developing a microservice architecture
- Experience in writing unit and end-to-end tests is a plus
- Communicate effectively in English, both spoken and written
- We have tasks in Java from time to time (about 10%), so readiness to write on Java is appreciated
PandaDoc empowers more than 37,000 growing organizations to thrive by taking the work out of document workflow. PandaDoc provides an all-in-one document workflow automation platform that helps fast scaling teams accelerate the ability to create, manage, and sign digital documents including proposals, quotes, contracts, and more. For more information, please visit https://www.pandadoc.com.
We’re known for our work-life balance, kind co-workers, & creative virtual team-bonding events. And although our Pandas are located across the globe, we stay connected with the help of technology and ensure that everyone on our team feels, well, like a team.
Pandas work best when they’re happy. We retain our talent by upholding our values of integrity & transparency, and selling a product that changes the lives of our customers.
Check out our LinkedIn to learn more.
- An honest, open culture that emphasizes feedback and promotes professional and personal development
- An opportunity to work from anywhere — our team is distributed worldwide, from Lisbon to Manila, from Florida to California.
- An annual personal budget for educational classes, conferences, etc. — anything to further your professional knowledge
- An annual personal mental health budget — anything that helps you manage the stress (yoga, meditation apps etc.)
- A competitive salary
- And much more!