Project, technologies, team details
For the past four years, we have been developing an ecosystem of e-government products for a foreign client. There are five large platforms and 15 scrum teams developing products based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is in fact an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow both citizens and ex-pats to communicate effectively with the state. Hundreds of people use these products every minute and the number of users is only growing.
- Application stack that we use — Ruby (roda, RoR), Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis, ELK stack, Prometheus stack
- DevOps tools — GitLab CI, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, GitOps with ArgoCD, Helm Chart, Oracle Cloud
- Other tools — Selenium, Allure, SonarQube, Bash, Python
- Only Linux stack, no Windows at all
- Our DevOps Team is responsible only for the Demo and Stage Environment
- We work with IBM infrastructure
The team includes leading DevOps Architects of our country. Seniority levels: Middle, Senior, Architects. Each DevOps Engineer works in a developers team, not as a separate cluster.
We form full-fledged scrum teams for each individual product, consisting of BE, FE, QA, AQA, BA, SA, DevOps. There are 5-9 people on each team. At the moment, we have 15 scrum teams. DevOps supports several teams simultaneously.
The current system is based on microservices and runs on Docker Compose.
We are looking for a specialist who will:
- Manage current infrastructure and participate in migration to Kubernetes.
- Be responsible for collaboration with DevOps Leads of client teams — discuss and set up processes, distribute tasks, etc.
That role can give you:
- Experience of the migration from the beginning of a high-load project daily used by tens of thousands of users. There you can find out how it works from container settings and adaptation to monitoring mechanisms. You’ll get a lot of deep knowledge of working with the private cloud to share.
- Process and Lead management experience — you will collaborate with the client-side about the processes, and their improvement; will have the opportunity to bring your approaches and have a direct influence on all projects.
There are future opportunities to be promoted to the DevOps Lead role.
- Become the owner of demo and stage environment, make sure it is close to production
- Take actions to improve our stage environment, which will reflect on the production
- Take ownership of implementing and maintaining processes
- Configure monitoring using Prometheus, Grafana
- Be ready to migrate from docker-compose to some orchestration tool
- Automate everything that can be automated
- Extend current Infrastructure reliability and manageability
- Take a part in releases
We are looking for someone who
- Has at least has 3 years of professional DevOps or similar Software Engineering experience
- Has experience with Oracle or OpenShift private cloud
- Has working knowledge of Docker and Docker compose
- Has working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Has knowledge of networks, network protocols
- Has experience with Gitlab
- Is up to date on the latest industry trends and aware of DevOps principles
- Can communicate in English at an Intermediate level
Nice to have
- Experience with Ruby will be a big plus
- Experience with another high-level scripts language (such as Python) will be a plus
- 24 days for rest, 10 days for health and well-being
- Unlimited recovery from Covid-19
- Сoworking space — compensated partially. Unlimited coworking where P2H coworking spaces are located.
- Unlimited learning and development budget
- Sports club membership — compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But shit happens sometimes during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Work on socially important projects in the E-Government niche. Stability
- DevOps Team from Strong Middle to Solution Architect levels. Our DevOps Solution Architect used to work on Facebook and is ready for knowledge sharing
- Online interview with a recruiter — 20-30 minutes.
- Interview with DevOps Team — up to 1-1.5 hours.