Project, technologies, team details
For the past four years, we have been developing an ecosystem of E-government products for a foreign client. Currently, there are five large platforms and 15 scrum teams developing products based on these platforms.
Each of the platforms is in fact an electronic cabinet with a set of electronic services that allow both citizens and ex-pats to communicate effectively with the state. Hundreds of people use these products every minute and the number of users is only growing.
Our tech stack:
- Ruby (no Rails), gRPC, GraphQL
- Postgres, RabbitMQ, Redis
- Kubernetes, Gitlab CI
- Opentelemetry, Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, Tempo
We form full-fledged scrum teams for each individual product. The hiring team consists of Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Manual Quality Assurance, Back-End Lead, Front-End, Solution Architect, UI/UX Designer, DevOps.
Team level: Middle, Senior, Architects.
We are looking for someone who has
- 1+ years of experience in RoR/Ruby development
- Knowledge of OOP, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, and design patterns
- Understanding of Client-Server and microservices architecture
- Experience in designing and developing REST APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Understanding of Docker
- Experience covering codebase with tests (RSpec)
- Intermediate or higher English level (ability to communicate with clients both in writing and verbally)
Will be a plus
- Capability to quickly dive into the project, share your thoughts, and actively participate in discussions with colleagues. Able to suggest better approaches and be involved.
- Experience working in teams.
- Understanding of what is “under the hood”. For example, how the web works.
- Ability to think and find a solution, as well as collect the right information. It is not necessary to know everything if you can google and understand it.
- Develop and deliver features
- Cover the codebase with tests
- Help to maintain code quality
- Conduct code reviews
- Participate in estimations and developing plans for new tasks and epics
- Communicate directly with clients to discuss requirements and/or suggest improvements
- Stay up-to-date within the dynamic Ruby ecosystem and provide suggestions for improvements related to tools, new standards, and best practices.
The main range of tasks is related to integration with external data sources, data processing, and organizing APIs for the front-end. Architecturally, these are asynchronous operations with the aggregation of results in ElasticSearch and the implementation of business logic on our side.
- Strong mentorship from Senior Engineers
- Take part in project architecture remodeling/planning
- Grow from junior developer to higher
- We organize regular knowledge-sharing sessions among the teams to share experiences, interesting cases, etc.
- We support our developers’ desire to move to Lead roles in new teams.
- Possibility of relocation to Poland or Portugal after 1 year of work
- Сoworking space — compensated partially. Unlimited coworking in Lviv, Vinnytsia, and Krakow, where P2H coworking spaces are located
- Unlimited learning and development budget for your professional growth
- Sports club membership — compensated partially
- Regular review of income according to the progress of the individual plan
- We are not fans of overtime and encourage our teams to plan time for work and rest. But sh*t happens sometimes during non-working hours. Then we pay overtime x1.5-x2
- Free online English lessons
- Full accounting and legal support for private entrepreneurs
- Online interview with a recruiter — 30-45 minutes.
- Interview with Ruby Team Lead, SA, and SM — around 1-2 hours.
Get More information
The recruiter who is responsible for this position will be glad to provide you with more details.
Find out more and book the first call — write to [email protected]