Here in Oxagile’s international team, we are enthusiastic about creating elegant solutions for the video domain, which are used across the world. We are a trusted partner to over 450 companies including global industry leaders like Panasonic, Broadcom, Orange, Discovery, Vodafone, Google, Kaltura, Thomson Reuters.
For eight years straight, Oxagile has been featured on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. This year, we have expanded our geographical presence to include locations in Ukraine, Latvia, and Poland.
Mutual support, knowledge sharing, and continuous honing of skills are the cornerstones of our teamwork. We promote clean, well-tested, and maintainable code, value reliable architecture and advanced software engineering practices. If you want to focus on innovative technologies in OTT, RTC, AI / ML / CV and other domains, we’ll provide highly experienced mentors, organize internal training, and offer tuition reimbursement for external programs and certifications. We invest in the efficiency and flexibility of our teams, monitor their motivation, and continuously work on improvements.
Oxagile’s explosive growth and high quality of services have been proved by numerous international awards like Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, Top 100 Global Outsourcing, Inc. 5000, and Fortune 500.
Here at Oxagile we are on a mission to build engineering organization of a new type.
This leadership role will develop and execute a strategic learning and development plan to ensure Oxagile’s engineering departments ongoing growth and success.
The individual will drive several engineering departments, by bringing innovative solutions and practices to build individual skills, capabilities and organizational competences, technical skills, business knowledge and industry knowledge.
- Creation of a solution architecture/design for new projects (client’s proposals/RFPs, external/internal projects) or evolution of existing architecture/tech roadmap for existing once’s.
- Have an architecture ownership during "Presale"/"Discovery" phases or when new project starts.
- Respond for Software Architecture Design creation and evolution based on current / future project needs.
- Participate in Architecture Service activities (it is a companywide service which provides architectural help to other departments)
- Conduct internal and external Architecture Audits.
- Conduct architecture interviews.
- Participate in pre-sales calls with customer to address complex architecture questions or help selling the proposal via technical leadership.
- Review project’s WBS from architecture point of view.
- Participate in company’s wide initiatives related to architecture topics.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in development using at least one backend development language/ecosystem
- 3+ years’ experience as a System or Solution Architect
- Ability to create solution architecture from scratch in new domains based on wide architectural, domain and engineering experience in conjunction with strong problem-solving, analytics mindset and quick learning skills
- Working experience in Monolith/Service Oriented/Micro Services Architecture, Clean/Hexagonal Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Distributed systems, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud and On-premise most used services/solutions/frameworks to create typical appropriate solution architectures
- Good understanding of different design patterns: GoF, Integration patterns
- Working skills with Relational and NoSQL databases, Caches, Cloud Storages, Messaging Systems
- Understanding frontend technologies and approaches
- Experience in software architecture design documentation creation, addressing technical qualities and non-functional requirements
- Ability communicate/transfer your solutions to others by taking in account balance between quality of technical solution and good personal relationships with co-workers/client
- Participation in a customer-facing, pre-sales activities as a core technical leader to drive deal
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at the C level;
- Good understanding of SDLC and CI/CD processes and tools
The following experience will be a big plus:
- Experience in large scale media broadcasting, complex Video/RTC systems
- Knowledge/Experience in the design and implementation of OTT solutions/technologies, including encoding, transcoding, packaging, DRM
- An understanding of video streaming protocols such as HLS and MPEG-DASH
- Experience working with common audio/video codecs such as AC3/EAC3/Opus, MPEG-TS/MPEG 4, VP8/VP9/H.264
- Working experience in WebRTC domain
- An understanding of video ad servers; DAI / SSAI; VAST, VMAP, VPAID, etc.
- Understanding of video/audio/RTC technologies and approaches on client-side players (web, mobile)
- Understanding of baseline Systems Engineering skills in: Voice, Video, Conferencing, SIP
- We are looking for a highly motivated and an experienced Solution Architect who would like to apply his talents, skills and interests in order to build great systems/platforms in various business domains
- We offer real opportunities to grow as professional or to support your current skills by doing solution architecture activities on regular basis.
- You will have possibility to collaborate/work with smart people and get support from.
- Work at an international company that serves high-profile clients like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Vodafone, etc.
- Atmosphere of trust and empowerment across key projects and business processes
- Best practices around process and team management
- Competitive salary and payments in foreign currency — no matter your location
- Flexible schedules and work environments: remote work, office facility, co-working space
- Legal and accounting assistance, including for those who are self-employed
- Medical coverage, paid vacation, sick and family leave, birthday off
- Sports compensation, including training in corporate football, basketball, and volleyball teams
- Internal mentoring programs, promotion and support for professional bloggers and speakers at conferences
- Transparency and trust within the team: we encourage employee feedback and organize regular Q&A meetings with top managers
- Free corporate English classes and professional seminars, reimbursement for external training and professional certifications
- Corporate discounts, team-building parties, corporate events, and other perks
- Gamification system with social activity bonuses