Are you passionate about Java or C++ Software Development and about to finish your IT degree?
Do you want to start your career at the world market leader for enterprise software?
Do you see your professional development in a team of very skilled people with great team spirit?
We are looking for talents like you to join our SAP Database team!
The SAP database team is looking for experienced Core Engineers who have passion for innovative technology and Open Source, along with the right attitude to help others be successful with daunting OrientDB projects. Technical background in Java is required. Experience supporting and contributing to Open Source projects and NoSQL/OrientDB experience is a strong plus. If you join the SAP database team, you will part of a team that is the basis for new, ground-breaking SAP applications. In-memory computing is made possible through recent technology advances in main memory, multi-core processing, and data management.
You will be part of the development team in Walldorf with more than 100 exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Other development teams are located all over the world and you will be collaborating closely with them. We at the SAP HANA in-memory database team live code development in a flexible and agile way in small self-organized teams.
Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model. If you need to work flexibly from another location or at another time you can do so given your manager’s agreement.
To find out more about the SAP HANA in-memory database team, check out our video!
We are looking for candidates who are committed to a technology career path. Please make sure your set of application documents contains a cover letter and CV, copies of the obtained degrees and references.
1. Strong Java programming skills and experience in implementing performance-critical algorithms
2. Good Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related technical discipline
3. Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
4. Familiar with relational database management systems
5. Verbal and written working proficiency in English and German
6. Ability to analyze and debug complex problems
1. Strong Java background in systems or back-end software
2. Experience designing multi-threaded and massively parallel systems and algorithms
3. Experience with distributed architectures
4. Applied Knowledge of common data structures, algorithms and architectures
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Test-driven approach
7. Outstanding analytical and organizational ability
8. Ability to work on a distributed team, both independently and collaboratively
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment — apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
1. Architect and build OrientDB core and distributed functionalities
2. Implementation of new disk-based data structures, distributed algorithms, transaction management, etc.
3. Improvements in overall performance and multi-core scalability
4. Explain the technology and latest developments to the OrientDB community through blog posts, meetups and presentations
5. Troubleshoot bug reports from QA, customers, and the community
6. Know OrientDB inside-and-out, working towards becoming a leading expert
7. Periodically report on common use cases and common problems
8. Periodically report on technical support process effectiveness and efficiency
1. Provide feedback regarding the quality of documentation, code and APIs to improve product quality and prevent common issues
2. Write knowledgebase articles, tutorials and improve documentation
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.