Oracle Utilities mission is to help utilities build a clean energy future. Care to join us?
At Oracle’s Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU), we’re applying cutting-edge computer science to one of humanity’s greatest challenges: Energy. We also consider ourselves a startup within Oracle. A startup that’s focused on the utility industry. Our utility customers in the U.S. and abroad give us energy usage data for tens of millions of their customers, which we then analyze and aggregate using the latest software technology to motivate consumers to use less energy. We use the right tools for each element of our broad solution set so our engineers get exposure to everything from the Spring Framework to Ruby on Rails, from Hadoop and HBase to MySQL. If you are a top-notch engineer looking for a fast-paced, high-growth place to work while being surrounded by highly skilled, driven peers then Oracle’s UGBU is the place for you.
About the Team Alpha
The Team Alpha is an end-to-end agile scrum team, developing a new version of a top-selling product that helps our customers be more energy efficient. We are building a platform, tools, models and workflows utilizing cutting-edge technologies and solutions.
Our ecosystem enables UGBU to deliver deep, personalized energy insights to end customers and help utilities build a clean energy future.
● You’ve got 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
● You are an expert. All our Senior Engineers, including the managers, are experts in multiple technologies. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: Front-End, Web fundamentals, databases, cache layer, HTTP protocol, etc.
● You want to own it. You embrace the challenges inherent in being fully responsible for an important part of UGBU’s business, from supporting your applications in production to continuously monitoring and evolving it, based on performance metrics.
● You live the process. You know that you can’t be successful without bringing order to chaos. Scrum, issue tracking, source code management, continuous integration are all second nature to you. And, you know that too much can be worse than too little.
● You’re agile (and not just in the buzzword sense). You know how to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and wouldn’t have it any other way.
● You love to be responsible for a critical portion of the codebase, from design through support.
What we’re searching for:
● BS/MS degree in computer science or another related technical field.
● Expert in developing responsive interfaces using SCSS/SAAS, CSS and HTML.
● Base knowledge of Java.
● 3+ years of development experience.
● Some expertise in building scalable backend APIs for end-users delivered in a scalable architecture.
● Experience in Docker, Nomad is a big plus.
● Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality.
● Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills including a sufficient level of English.
● Document what you do, from design docs through user documentation.
● Write unit & integration tests as part of your coding process.
● Mentor junior engineers via code reviews, design assistance, pairing & explicit mentorship.