• 2+ years of commercial programming experience;
• 2+ years of experience with Java;
• Experience of developing modern REST services on Spring Boot and Netflix stack;
• Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL storages (MongoDB);
• Experience with deployment on Docker and AWS;
• Good understanding of networking;
• At least upper-intermediate English, both spoken and written;
• Excellent communication abilities.
• Experience with messaging in Java (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.);
• Knowledge of authentication mechanisms such as SAML and OAuth;
• Experience working with AWS SDK in Java;
• Hands-on with plain Java sockets or WebRTC / WebSockets;
• Hands-on work experience with Linux platforms;
• Experience in the security space, specifically PKI, encryption, x.509 certificates, SSL;
• Experience with performance testing (Apache Benchmark, JMeter, Gatling);
• Open Source experience.
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
• Competitive salary;
• Great new office space;
• Flexible working schedule, partially remote work possible;
• Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world;
• Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports etc.;
• Last but not least, we are really fun to work with!
• Full-cycle development of Linux-based distributed server software, including development from scratch and maintaining existing services;
• Development of a web-based API (using JSON and REST) for management of product systems;
• Collaboration with other developers on development and deployment.
We are the team that created OpenVPN, the industry-standard VPN protocol now used by most of the commercial VPN providers worldwide. We are currently looking for a rockstar to push further the product that millions of people around the world will be interacting with on a daily basis! You should have a strong working knowledge of Java, REST APIs, and databases, be familiar with TCP/IP networking, SSL VPN, and distributed systems, possess a solid conceptual foundation in the development of distributed and cloud-computing systems, and have network programming understanding on Linux development environments.
You will join a team that is responsible for the requirement specifications, system specifications, software development and maintenance of the Private Tunnel cloud service (privatetunnel.com) as well as for development of another brand new cloud VPN product.