• Deep knowledge of Linux
• Deep knowledge of iptables, firewalls
• Deep knowledge of AWS, specifically EC2, ECS, RDS
• Deep knowledge of Docker containers
• Deep knowledge of MongoDB
• Some understanding of Puppet + Ansible
• At least upper-intermediate level of English, both spoken and written
• Outstanding communication & teamworking skills
• Knowledge of SQL databases (MySQL, MariaDB etc)
We are the team that created OpenVPN, the industry-standard VPN protocol now used by most of the commercial VPN providers worldwide. We are currently looking for a rockstar to push further the product that millions of people around the world will be interacting with on a daily basis!
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
• Competitive salary
• Great new office space
• Flexible working schedule, partially remote work possible
• Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world
• Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports etc.
• Last but not least, we are really fun to work with!
• Manage configuration and operation of our servers and infrastructure; maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, network and system security
• Administer infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our employees and customers encounter
• Monitor the system on a daily basis and respond immediately to security or usability concerns; respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Create and verify data backups
• Review application logs
• Install and test computer-related equipment
• Ensure that system design allows all components to work properly together; evaluate and modify system performance
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
As one of the world leaders in the cybersecurity space, OpenVPN is looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for setting up and maintaining infrastructure for a range of new and existing products that we are currently developing.
As networking solutions is our company’s core business, a good working knowledge of networking technologies is a must. Even more important to your success in this position would be your proactive attitude and the ability to assume responsibility and take ownership.