We had Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows applications with shared code written on React Native, Redux, TypeScript, and a whole galaxy of native code on C++, Objective C, Java... Also, an Electron layer, custom installation process, multi-threading, network handling, cryptographic operations, and system services. Not that we needed all that for the project supposed to be developed by a Frontend Team, but once you get locked into a serious stack collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can. The only thing that really worried us was Linux. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a team trying to migrate its application to support all major Linux distributions, and we knew we’d get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
If you are brave enough to start this exciting and dangerous adventure, let’s check what we expect:
• Working experience with ReactJS
• 3+ years of experience in front-end development
• Working experience in mobile/desktop development (Java / Objective C / C++)
• Eager to learn and work with many different technologies
• Self-motivated and can work independently
• Upper-Intermediate English
• Excellent communication abilities
• Working experience with React Native (strong plus!)
• Understanding of network technologies and particularly VPN
Our philosophy is that we are a small, closely-knit team and we care deeply about you:
• Competitive salary
• Great new office space
• Flexible working schedule, partially remote work possible
• Working directly with colleagues from Silicon Valley and around the world
• Team trips, certification and events compensation, medical insurance, sports etc.
• Last but not least, we are really fun to work with!
• Build desktop, and mobile applications using cutting-edge technologies
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Identify and communicate front-end best practices
• Be part of a small but growing engineering team in an Agile software development cycle
We develop OpenVPN Connect, the application with millions of active users, official client VPN application for the industry-standard protocol OpenVPN now used by most commercial VPN providers worldwide.