What do we do?
We are a British product company with office in Lviv, Ukraine, and 10 more countries.
OpenBet is a leading provider of sports betting technology and services to top sports betting brands worldwide. Our mission is to power growth and player engagement for operators through a global betting ecosystem that delivers at scale, at speed, and at every great sports event. We achieve billions of bets in a season, 60,000+ per second, and have 100% uptime. Our company is built on 26 years of imaginative technology that is iterated daily.
Want to be part of our story?
For our team in Lviv we are looking for an exceptional Lead iOS Engineer.
The iOS Development lead role will be a key one for the Mobile team. Reporting to the Development Manager, the Dev lead will be working alongside other mobile Software Engineers, Project Managers, Product Owner, QA and the Mobile Software Architect in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward OpenBet’s mobile applications strategic initiative.
The Dev lead will be expected to
- Actively contribute to the overall technical strategy for new iOS mobile product development. The role will also be required to help build a development capability with new and existing development teams, ensuring that best-of-breed engineering practices are implemented, particularly around CI / CD and also monitoring and support requirements.
- There will be a mixture of small, but strategically significant projects, and also large scale complex programmed of work, all delivered in an Agile format with direction from Product Management, but with delivery via a tightly contained team focused on quality deliverables.
- Development of new features and functionality for OpenBet iOS native mobile applications, including the production of unit tests as and where required Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider OpenBet Product Development Organization
- Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services delivered by the team the Principal Software Engineer is working with
- Ensuring that products and services adhere to agreed performance KPIs and are delivered in line with OpenBet CI / CD requirements
- Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of test coverage, in line with OpenBet requirements and adhering to agreed architectural and technology (including security) standards
- Review of detailed release documentation for handover to Delivery teams
- Maintenance of relevant technical sections of the internal Knowledge Base
- Mentorship of less experienced Software Engineers
- Oversee test-driven development to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality
- Be an integral part of the design and architecture of OpenBet’s mobile applications on white label solutions that are secure, modular, scalable, extendable and customizable for many different operators
- Provide structured feedback and recommendations to “back-end” platform developers, to ensure APIs are fit for purpose
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around native performance, security and code complexity
- Supporting the Development Manager, Tech Leads and Architect to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams
- Support recruitment of technical staff onto the Mobile teams
- Identify and support the training needs of iOS dev teams and in extension the broader OpenBet teams on the iOS ecosystem.
- Active understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition
- Where applicable, ensuring that mobile development team processes are aligned with technical processes prevalent in the wider company
- Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall system architecture and design components, in the context of meeting product requirements and also Google’s specific guidelines and requirements
- Knowledge of Agile development processes and scrum roles and responsibilities
- On occasion, lead an Agile workstream
- Where required, provide 3rd line support and supporting production launches
If you are the right Dev lead for us you will be able to demonstrate technical skills of relevance:
- At least 8+ years of experience developing commercial iOS Mobile applications
- At least ten published iOS apps in the Apple App Store
- Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups
- Demonstrably being able to deal with change on a daily basis; must be comfortable both with external factors driving this change as well as internal
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy
- Experience of Agile development processes and scrum roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience in designing complex mobile applications consuming and presenting high volumes of real time dynamic data
- Good managerial and leadership skills, able to motivate teams as well as drive change and handle difficult and complex project development activities both internally and externally
- Should be opinionated, especially about technology M
- Mandatory A minimum of 8 years hands-on experience in designing and developing mobile applications for iOS using Swift and React Native
- Strong Knowledge on cross-platform React Native experience.
- Demonstratable experience working with web views to wrap web applications in native mobile apps
- Demonstratable experience in developing data-heavy, RESTful service-driven applications using JSON data models
- Experience with mobile SSO integrations for authenticating users
- Demonstratable experience with the process of creating Apple app store accounts and iOS app publication process
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and / or BDD General understanding of the use of Jenkins and Git (BitBucket)
- Demonstrably strong understanding of Google’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Some experience with the new Flutter framework
- Preferred Understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles and how they can be embedded within a native container as webviews
- Knowledge of the iOS ecosystem and apps Use of a CI/CD framework for
- Experience in the Sportsbetting and iGaming application Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on fully native high data complex iOS mobile applications development is.