Skills and Experience:
- You’ve got 1-3 years of experience as a technical writer;
- You’ve got superior written and oral communication skills (advanced English);
- You’ve got experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences (user guides, help, learning and education material, product description etc.);
- You have worked with various types of projects;
- You understand the SDLC;
- You are able to multi-task and be a self-starter;
- You quickly learn and are eager to understand complex topics.
Nice to have:
- Math/technical background;
- Bug tracking system knowledge.
- You will obtain a deep understanding of the product and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content;
- You will take part in the organization of processes related to tech documentation creation & support (workflow, technical aspects, content descriptions, standards etc.);
- You will create tech and support documentation (product & process documentation: system components and architecture description, web API docs, dev/QA guidelines, specs, user journey schemes, user manuals etc.);
- You will work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements;
- You will define the approach, organize and manage documentation migration across the organization;
- You will analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities;
- You will determine users’ needs for technical documentation and establish the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reading comprehension.
This job is about increasing value of the product by creating services that allow the platform’s users do more.
We’re definitely a ’results-first’ culture. This helps people to enjoy the flexibility and many of the other perks that come with being part of a growing team. Everyone’s experience and perspective matters here.
This is an opportunity to work with the most trending technologies within committed technical team, which defines the best process to achieve it’s goals for itself, avoiding bureaucracy. Learning and growing professionally is in our nature.