Nortal invites a Senior Back End Developer (Node.js, PHP) to join our team for the client TUI UK — the subsidiary of a global tourism business giant! As a Back End Developer, you will advocate state-of-the-art software development practices and develop software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods. You will tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications. Are you a lifelong learner who likes to think outside the box? Then join us!
About our client
TUI UK is a subsidiary of TUI group, one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. At TUI, they create unforgettable moments for customers across the world and make their dreams come true. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
You will join Web global team at TUI responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and also providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now.
- Create and maintain a state of the art web applications
- Follow and improve code quality standards
- Perform technical assessment of mockups/wireframes and architectural designs/specifications to ensure the possibility of their implementation within a reasonable time
- Create and review software feature design documents and provide the solution
- Contribute ideas through your knowledge of evolving front-end technologies
- Be proactive in communication with team members and clients
- Use industry best practices of development processes & tools, adapt, and improve them
- Mentorship of junior colleagues
- Problem-solving, Solution Presentation, Meeting, and Visual Facilitation
- Hands-on experience with PHP and Node.js as well
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools, and services across various cloud platforms
- Strong understanding of security best practices and being able to implement them effectively to secure their applications
- Experience with UX/UI design practices and software architecture design
- Experience with CI/CD setup, HTTP, REST API
- Knowledge of design patterns, OOP, and Development principles
- Familiarity with the delivery flow: branching strategy, repo management, code style guides and enforcing, testing approaches, CI/CD, release plan
- Understanding of Agile and Lean principles
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Advanced level of English
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.