Nortal invites skilled Back End Software Engineer for long-term and full-time employment.
About our client
Our client, TUI, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
About the project
You will join Web, Engagement global team at TUI responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and also providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform (Hybris) and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now. The client is looking at moving to Modular Architecture which will provide benefits to the way we work along with delivering faster and more efficiently for our business and customers.
- As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team, you will own the software products from conception to operation
- Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills, you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation
- With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems, you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain
- Strong expertise in Java and their respective eco-systems
- Expertise with Go, PHP, Node.js or TypeScript
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/NoSQL)
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs (REST, GraphQL) on client and server side
- Expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Experience with AWS S3, Cloudfront, Lambda is relevant
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Upper-intermediate level of English
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.