Nortal is looking for a Technology Team Lead to join our team for the client TUI — a global tourism business giant! Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of one cross-functional team and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy.
About our client
Our client, TUI, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
About the project
You will join Web, Engagement global team at TUI responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform (Hybris) and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now. Client is looking at moving to Modular Architecture which will provide benefits to the way we work along with delivering faster and more efficiently for our business and customers.
- You will be tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers
- You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of data engineers, data analysts and other technology professionals
- You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress
- You will focus on helping your team to self-organise and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy
- You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions
- In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and KPIs agreed for your team and the strategic results for the domain as a whole
- You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development
- You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement
- Marketing and CRM expertise is mandatory to understand and discuss business impact and benefit at eye level. As a second pillar knowledge and network in the Analytics space around data warehousing and aspects of data development and quality is key to drive the team forward
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in delivering data interfaces and APIs as well as enterprise dash boarding solutions, process-integrated analytics
- Background in state-of-the art technologies and ways of working in analytics like AWS, Snowflake, DBT, Python, Tableau
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including colleagues or other partners
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.