Nortal is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team for the client TUI — a global tourism business giant! As a Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical products alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers. You will be part of a cross functional team in the area of customer experience, digital and marketing, working close with our business stakeholders in order to enable truly data driven decision processes.
About our client
Our client, TUI, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
About the project
You will join Web, Engagement global team at TUI responsible for the Web technologies across all holiday products and all TUI regions which owns several web applications that serve millions of users per year, generating billions in revenue for TUI. You will work with the multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps, and Agile Delivery who are located, and providing technical services, across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. The project is a web platform (Hybris) and the client’s strategy is to embrace new technologies to prepare for the future and deliver for the now. Client is looking at moving to Modular Architecture which will provide benefits to the way we work along with delivering faster and more efficiently for our business and customers.
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of the data
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources — internal and external systems, flat files, databases and external APIs
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility, time requirements and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards
- Active participation in the development of the data lake, data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support development of analytic capabilities
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format/presentation, to ensure the report provides the information the stakeholders need without compromising the report’s accuracy
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organisation, and high-quality communication
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insights into key business metrics
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake, Athena, Glue)
- Feeling comfortable using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills; hands-on ELT experience using tools like Streams and Tasks or DBT
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire;
- Knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, YAML is a plus
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault)
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.