Nortal is looking for a Senior Android Engineer for long term and full-time employment!
About our client
Our client, TUI, is a global business with over 70 000 people on board, great history and challenging plans for building a digital future. TUI is the largest leisure, travel and tourism company globally, and it owns travel agencies, hotels, airlines, cruise ships and retail shops.
About the project
In 12 months, project moved from a standing start to having a multi award winning app that has already had more than 1 million downloads, and more than 150,000 customers every month.
As an Android Developer you’ll be working within cross-functional team of designers, developers and testers. Delivering across the entire app life cycle, from concept /design/ build/ deploy /test, right through to release to app stores and support. The aim is to enable intuitive and seamless digital customer and colleague experiences through innovative technology solutions.
- Develop and extend the reach of our highly-rated existing applications, while helping to define the roadmap for future TUI apps
- Collaborating with product owners and design colleagues to deliver inspirational travel apps, and continue to optimise their performance post release
- Develop and produce functional solutions with quality designs and code in accordance to architecture design standards, code standards and environment configuration management
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects and create and maintain a robust technical framework to support the apps
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Seek continual improvements in delivery with the team to drive efficiency and productivity
- Experience of Android development (Kotlin, Coroutines, Android SDK, RxJava)
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Understanding of Android UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions balancing design, quality and velocity
- Flair for clean code, reusability, testability and readability (SOLID, TDD)
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK’s
- Solid understanding of OOP principals and design
- Experience with outside data sources and API’s (JSON, SOAP, Rest, XML)
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Upper-intermediate or higher level of spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Cafe with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation Support to Poland
- Receive all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.