Nortal invites a Senior Java Developer/Technical Lead to join our team for the client TUI — a global tourism business giant! As a Backend Developer you will be working within a cross-functional team of solution architects, developers and testers who are responsible for the enhancements and features of the Customer Account.
About our client
TUI group is one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. At TUI, they create unforgettable moments for customers across the world and make their dreams come true. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
- Develop APIs and backend services to deliver additional capabilities for the shared Customer Account
- Work with the solution architect to design technical solutions, contribute to low level design, create, update and maintain API definitions in accordance to architecture design and code standards
- Produce high quality solutions following the full software development lifecycle using appropriate tooling as provided by TUI
- Accountability for providing appropriate unit, load and performance testing for services and their according components (e.g. database) to create high quality code
- Maintain and improve DevOps culture by scripting infrastructure components as part of the development process
- Create and update documentation of released services
- Experience in Rest API and backend services development, using Java
- Ideally high experience with JVM based ecosystems
- Knowledge of reactive development (preferably WebFlux or Mutiny)
- Experience with AWS S3, Lambdas, SQS, Fargate
- Ideally high level of experience with containerized environments/solutions (e.g. EKS, ECS) and scripting of cloud infrastructure components (e.g. using Terraform)
- Experience with implementation/usage of testing frameworks (e.g. Cucumber)
- Good experience with CI/CD setups using Gitlab or comparable tools
- Knowledge of web based development would be beneficial
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
Nortal offers to you
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Direct cooperation with European and USA clients and their innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve: 24 working days of paid vacations
- Educational reimbursement, funded language classes, certifications
- "Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Health care: 10 paid sick leaves, on-demand medical insurance, Covid tests, vaccinations
- Cozy workplace, commute compensations, and WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation to Poland
- Receive support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume, please allow our company to use your personal data.