Nortal invites Java Developer to join our team for the client TUI — the subsidiary of the global tourism business giant!
The client’s aim is to build a new high-performance platform from scratch on AWS by leveraging principles such a serverless and domain driver design. To be able to accomplish this the client will act according to the Spotify model and putting ownership as much as possible in the team.
About the client
TUI UK is a subsidiary of TUI group, one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, with over 220 trusted brands in 180 countries and more than 30 million customers. At TUI, they create unforgettable moments for customers across the world and make their dreams come true. With a great history of success, they recognize the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
About the project
This role is an excellent opportunity for an expert who’d like to be a part of a cross-functional team and play a vital role in facilitating data-driven resolutions. Our client is undergoing a crucial digital transformation. What does it mean for the development team? No legacy and only cutting-edge technologies. Not only the tech part of the project is fantastic, but also the internal culture. All team members are granted a high level of power over technical choices and empowerment over business decisions. So why not join this wonderful project? We have modern technologies, international tech experts on board, and indeed — a welcoming team!
- As part of an empowered Scrum team, you have joint responsibility to design, implement and deliver a certain domain of our new platform
- Proactively work with your product owner to help shape the direction of the platform
- Advice on implementing AWS best practices (performance, security, maintainability, etc)
- Design the architecture for the new system together with architects within the group
- Design, implement and maintain Cloud requirements for development
- Leverage new technology paradigms (e.g., serverless, containers, microservices)
- Strong knowledge of Java 11, hands-on experience with Spring, Spring boot
- 4+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies to develop and maintain an AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
- Experience with data persistence (SQL/NoSQL)
- Expertise with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Good experience with Microservices and RESTFUL service design
- Good Kubernetes knowledge
- Knowledge of Terraform would be a plus
- Understanding what it takes to make high-performance applications
- Upper-intermediate level of English
- Good communication skills and a proactive / “can do” attitude
Nortal offers to you
- Benefit Café with various categories like sport, leisure, books, fuel, etc.
- Family-like environment and personal attention to each specialist
- Interesting projects with innovative products
- Competitive salary and regular reviews
- The work-life balance you deserve. Flexible working hours
- Educational support, funded language classes
- Luxmed private healthcare packages
- Cozy workplace. Fresh fruits Mondays. WFH opportunities
- Exciting events and lovely gifts for your family
On-demand Relocation to Poland
- Receive support with all documentation needed for relocation
- Obtain transport, logistics, and onboarding assistance
- Get accommodation support
In your resume please allow our company to use your personal data.