The Team Leader/Head of Software Engineering is a critical member of the senior leadership team that helps to drive organizational excellence across teams and departments.
This role will be responsible for overseeing and managing all operations within the Poland engineering center, as well as refinement of software development strategies, developing the engineering team, and partnership with stakeholders to define and align technology and business priorities.
The role requires someone that is not only a strong technologist but also a brilliant organizer, and strategic and visionary thinker. They must have the ability to plan as well as execute, cultivate strong, integrity-based relationships, have the ability, and willingness to learn new things, and have a commitment to transparency.
- Manage engineering site in Poland
- Deliver strategic and operational direction for software and related technology
- Provide leadership and direction for the development team to identify knowledge management, training, and execution for all technical implementations
- Develop and modify existing technology stack and drive implementation of new technologies/components
- Focus on consistent delivery of high-quality software and integration points that move the company towards achieving short- and long-term objectives
- Implement and continuously iterate on the company’s Organization Development, Software Development and Security Development lifecycles
- Foster an environment of innovation and execution by utilizing delivery and testing best practices across the enterprise
- Ensure that appropriate and standardized designs are used to facilitate a successful transition from initial requirements to long-term production
- Enforce implementation and execution of best practices across divisions throughout the software development lifecycle
- Define roles and responsibilities related to development to ensure clear accountability for the quality of software implementations across the organization
- Harness technology to drive efficiencies across the organization
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements throughout the software delivery lifecycle
Engineering Center Leadership
- Manage all aspects of the engineering center management such as physical site, budget, IT, security, hiring, and others.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff on a daily basis; provide regular feedback, conduct performance reviews, set goals for employees, and actively develop the team
- Ensure proper headcount planning, interview assessments, and onboarding
- Consistently foster a culture of excellence and collaboration while championing core values
- Pay close attention to employee engagement and morale and implement team-building activities and engagement interventions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 7+ years of experience managing software engineers/developers, technical leads, and other technical specialists
- High proficiency in English
- Experience overseeing a software organization of at least 15 engineers
- Proven ability to build new teams, structures, and divisions
- Experience in early-stage / growth tech companies
- Strong communications skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Expertise in evaluating operational effectiveness and being able to provide internal business process improvement
- Commitment to people development, engagement, and being a champion for our culture
- Experience in influencing and driving business and technical strategies
- Well-versed with people management tasks including recruitment, personnel development, giving feedback
- Master’s degree in computer science
- MBA degree
- Expertise in firmware/embedded development
- Expertise in artificial intelligence stack development
- Experience as a development center manager
- Experience working in international companies
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Tax compensation
About the project
Our partner is developing the first AI solution that makes it easier for companies to adopt AI. Their comprehensive systems-level approach is designed to break down traditional data silos and address workflow and process management issues.
The team develops innovative Deep Learning Accelerators (DLAs) that help manage specific hardware infrastructure. This innovative tool enables AI applications more widely available, drastically increasing opportunities for human accomplishment.