We are searching for a Developer who will champion excellent coding standards in a codebase, be an active contributor to the development team. The stack is primarily Ruby on Rails, but the team is building more and more in Node and are open to developers with experience in any language. The company’s need is primarily for developers with a back-end focus but who are comfortable navigating their front-end code.
Who will fit well? The first criteria we are looking for is that you are a talented developer who the team can trust with the codebase. In addition, we are also looking for someone who can translate business needs into code in a relatively dynamic fashion and is happy to interface with non-techies. A passion for healthcare and the problem they are solving is a bonus.
- Strong programming skills in Ruby, RoR
- An advocate of best practices, including static checkers, automated BDD tests, code coverage
- Exposure to agile working practices (sprints, scrum, code reviews), and cloud technologies e.g., AWS, Heroku
- Experience of software architecture and working with business teams when building products
- Excellent interpersonal skills, so that you can contribute to creating a great office environment
- Upper-Intermediate English
Will be a plus
- An eye for design and UX
- An interest in healthcare
- An interest in managing and coaching junior developers
- Knowledge and experience in building and maintaining CI systems
- 2.1 degrees (or higher); ideally in Computer Science, STEM, or bootcamp equivalent
- Desire to work with JS
- Write clean, concise Ruby, RoR, using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies
- Take an active role in introducing and maintaining dev standards within the codebase
- Support and mentor your fellow developers to improve their technical skills
- Be willing to engage with our systems architecture and work with existing dev leaders to ensure our platform is scalable and sustainable
- Champion refactoring to make the code better written wherever possible
- Drive forward our agile working practices (sprints, scrum, code reviews) and cloud technologies
- Be involved in ticket estimation and encourage a good process around setting reasonable and achievable expectations
- Work with the product team to help clarify product requirements at the onset of projects, and suggest the best approach for overcoming technical challenges
- Evolve our tech ‘ways of working’ and proactively make suggestions for how to improve our overall operating model
- Support the team in understanding the needs of our customers and translating this into code
- Willing to work independently to overcome barriers and think creatively to enhance our product and stay ahead of the market
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Tax compensation
- Full remote
About the project
Our partner, a revolutionary healthTech startup, is bringing digital technology to the UK’s national healthcare system. The team develops a SaaS platform that helps patients find, book and pay for a doctor’s appointment online.
Also, this solution reduces the admin burden on general practitioners. The patient examination procedure becomes faster and more qualitative.
The company was founded in 2017 and is based in Oxford and London.