We’re looking for a Software Engineer (Scala) who will be responsible for the end-to-end development of the life-saving platform. In this role, you will develop high-performance, elastic, and resilient microservices’ architecture while leveraging reactive frameworks (AKKA) with highly scalable infrastructure designed for web-scale loads to save lives.
You will be responsible for services end-to-end design and development, from cluster infrastructure to the server logic and user experience, including designing and developing new features.
- 2-5 years of experience in building advanced web applications
- BSC in software engineering, computer science, or experience in an elite intelligence unit
- Backend development experience (we use Scala, but you can have any backend experience)
- Experience in developing in cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience in developing RESTful API
- “Can-do” attitude and strong people skills
Will be a plus
- Experience in designing and coding microservices-based solutions for the cloud
- Working with Web Sockets
- Experience with modern frontend development
- Develop an emergency 911 ecosystem
- Ensure that services respond quickly, even under a surge of requests
- Ensure that highly resilient services are achieved by fault-tolerant and self-healing functionalities
- Develop our solution across global regions to provide any person in the world the ability to contact emergency services as quickly and effectively as possible
- Solve real-world public safety problems such as indoor positioning, scene detection from live video, and audio streams by machine learning techniques with real-time performance
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Tax compensation
- Full remote work
About the project
Our client has established an Emergency management system — a kind of communication hub for emergency stations, call centers, and citizens. The primary goal is to create a unified PSAP (public safety answering point) as a service and save human lives.
It’s a cloud-native platform, that provides a broad array of real-time data. This solution empowers responders, decreases accidents, and makes citizens safer.