The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the artists and programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the game while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
- Work with modelers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine;
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools;
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation;
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements;
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency;
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline;
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game Art problems;
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes;
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry;
- 2–3 years of experience as a Modeler in the game industry;
- Professional experience with the engines that are currently available ( Mostly Unity and Unreal 4);
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important ( Animation Integration, Asset integration, shader creation, rigging);
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in modeling and art tools (Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, etc.);
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modeling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Shader Writing Knowledge;
- Ability to work with technical documentation;
Nice to have:
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- VFX Creation in Unity and/or Unreal 4.
- Friendly and comfortable environment
- Working with creative and passionate people
- Challenges with every new project
- Working in a small and dedicated team
- Flexible work hours
- Private medical insurance
About the project
A world-known game development agency serving clients like Disney, NBCU, Epic Games, Unity is launching the next Game Studio in Ukraine and looking for a Technical Artist.
Are you ready for this professional challenge? Become one of the first who will join a new studio to lead and work in the cross-functional team involved in different stages of the game development.