● BS/BA in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
● At least 5 years of experience developing in Python — is a must.
● 3+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
● 3+ years of hands-on experience in using sophisticated SQL queries and writing/optimizing highly efficient SQL queries — is a must.
● Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs — is a must.
● Experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
● Experience with ETL/ELT tools: Airflow/dbt/Fivetran, etc.
● Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights.
● An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking product
● In-depth exposure to a modern cloud-scale distributed data warehouse
● Competitive salary and benefits
● IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
About our Tech stack:
Firebolt is composed of several open-source projects and relies on a unique IP that boosts data analytics and enables full scalability and decoupling compute from storage. Our SQL core teams work with C++. Our backend teams work with Go, Python, Rust in order to create microservices exposing REST APIs, grpc and GraphQL interfaces. We are using both CockroachDB and FoundationDB as application data storage. Our frontend teams work with TypeScript, React, Redux + Apollo. CI/CD is handled by a combination of CircleCI and ArgoCD to test and deploy code to production. The infrastructure is managed as code with Terraform, deployed on Kubernetes. Services are monitored by Prometheus and Grafana.
About the job to be done:
● Take a key part in our echo-system team
● Create connectors and integrations with ELT tools
● Build public SDKs.
● Integrations with 3rd parties products.
Firebolt is redefining the big-data space while challenging competitors such as Snowflake, AWS
Redshift, Google BigQuery. They are building a revolutionary cloud data warehouse as-a-service,
completely redesigned for the era of clouds, lakes, and impossible data challenges. Firebolt is a
well-funded startup, founded by ex Sisense founders (an already successful company in the big-data
field) and employs some of the leading high-performance database experts in the world.