● 3+ years of hands-on experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
● 1+ years of experience with Kubernetes including using open source solutions from the ecosystem
● 2+ years of experience with distributed systems running on AWS
● 2+ years of experience with “Infrastructure as a code” tools such as Terraform, Pulumi or similar
● Strong skills in shell scripting
● A passion for learning, developing, monitoring, and provisioning systems that perform well at
● Strong attention to details, quality control, and a can-do attitude
● GitHub account
● Strong Kubernetes skills, experience with modern CNIs, volume plugins, security, operators,
service meshes, ingresses, and K8s ecosystem
● Experience with CNCF and CD foundation projects
● Skills with at least one of general-purpose languages such as Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, Rust, C# or NodeJS
● CKA certification or similar
● AWS professional certification or similar
● BS/Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
● An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking product
● In-depth exposure to a modern cloud-scale distributed data warehouse
● Competitive salary and benefits (including pension plans, insurance, benefits and more)
● IT equipment and tools to allow you to be productive
About the tech stack
Firebolt is composed of several open-source projects and relies on a unique IP that boosts data
analytics and enables full scalability and decoupling compute from storage.
We have Terraform as part of the application, dynamically provision AWS accounts, network
infrastructure, and workloads in reaction to clients activity. The infrastructure is managed as code
with Terraform/Kops/Helm and services are monitored using Prometheus Thanos Grafana and Loki.
CI/CD is handled by a combination of CircleCI and ArgoCD in GitOps fashion to test and deploy
code to production.
We’re pushing to run everything on Kubernetes, stateless and stateful workload. We love CRDs and
operators and we also develop our own.
Our SQL core teams work with C++. Our backend teams work with Go, Python, Rust in order to
create gRPC microservices exposing REST APIs and GraphQL interface. We are using
CockroachDB, FoundationDB, Temporal, and Kafka as application infrastructure. Our frontend teams
work with TypeScript, React, Redux + Apollo.
● Take part in the definition of our R&D ecosystem and ALM
● Develop from the grounds up and maintain our CI/CD pipelines, handling performance,
error monitoring, and automated testing
● Collaborate with R&D to provide self-service tools and automate everything possible
● Provide solutions using open source technologies, fork, create PRs to upstream and develop
missing tools from scratch where needed
● Be part of the CI/CD DevOps team
Firebolt is redefining the big-data space while challenging competitors such as Snowflake, AWS
Redshift, Google BigQuery. They are building a revolutionary cloud data warehouse as-a-service,
completely redesigned for the era of clouds, lakes, and impossible data challenges. Firebolt is a
well-funded startup, founded by ex Sisense founders (an already successful company in the big-data
field) and employs some of the leading high-performance database experts in the world.