Newage.io is a product-led company connecting people and technology to make our teams and clients succeed. The product teams inside Newage develop platforms for fintech, iGaming, insurtech and other businesses.
One of our main products is an iGaming platform based on the Cloud Native SAAS В2В approach. It has been in the production environment for 5 years and has been used by several dozens of international brands.
JVM is the main stack for developing microservices.
Our teams are working with the main principles of the Scrum framework to get the best software product in the shortest time.
- Experience in using Scala core library modules;
- Understanding of principles of FP, OOP, SOLID;
- Experience with using SQL;
- Knowledge of essential algorithms and data structures.
- Implementing the new features to the product;
- Make periodical code review and optimization;
- Dealing with business stakeholders on the client-side;
- Exploring new ideas and best solutions;
- You will be challenged to meet high standards, and deliver constant improvement in everything you do.
Technical details of the project:
- Reactive microservice architecture, with more than 200 in production ;
- Event-driven architecture which uses Apache, and Kafka as Event Storage;
- gRPC to low latency connected critical services;
- JVM as the main stack for developing microservices;
- Scala as the main programming language;
- Akka (Actor, Typed, Cluster, Persistence);
- Cats, ZIO, Monocle, Magnolia;
- Slick, Elastic4S;
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Clickhouse as data warehouse;
- Evolutionary developing each microservice, we select the most modern, optimal stack
- AWS hosting;
- AWS RDS for persistent storage;
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery based on Jenkins;
- GitOps for Deployment in the multi-version environment;
- Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring;
- Monitoring and alerting use business metrics and infrastructure metrics.
(80+ people, with 4-7 members in each Domain-Driven Feature Team)
- 4 Scala teams;
- 1 Node JS team;
- 1 Front-end team;
- 1 Data Engineering Team;
- 1 DevOps Team;
- 24/7 L2/L3 Support.
DevOps & Engineering culture:
- Iterative development (2-week sprints);
- Extreme Programming;
- Flat management system;
- The management team and the business team work together to prioritize the Backlog and set business tasks;
- We feature the DevOps culture where the team participates in the whole product development cycle, starting from the analysis of business requirements, implementation, design, and testing to deployment and monitoring, and evolution of the feature;
- To ensure the stability of the product, we implement testing at all levels: integration testing, functional testing, exploratory, UI, and performance testing as well as alerting and monitoring;
- Development best practices: microservices are made to be as small and isolated as possible;
- We constantly review the architecture, seeking ways to improve the technical quality of the product;
- We review the architecture of microservice interactions and decompose them, adhering to the principle of single responsibility.
We take care of your:
- Health insurance coverage;
- Paid 20 working days of vacation;
- 10 days of paid sick leave;
- Paid lunches in the office;
- Full support with all PE-related activities;
- Competitive salary and encouragement for your efforts and contribution;
- Financial support in critical situations;
- Transparent career path and growth opportunities;
- Internal and external learning activities;
- Corporate English courses;
- Opportunity to visit paid conferences and events etc.