• Reactive microservice architecture using Apache Kafka used as Event Storage, more then 100 different microservices using in production.
• Real time communication between services gRPC.
• Main microservices development stack Scala/Akka: Akka Actor, Akka Typed, Akka Cluster, Akka Persistence, Akka Streams, Alpakka Kafka, Akka gRPC, Akka HTTP, Tapir, Circe, Cats, Slick, Elastic4s
• Testing: scalatest, scalacheck, mockito-scala, gatling, testcontainers-scala
• Data warehouses: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Clickhouse
Technologies and tools we are using at the moment:
• Scala, Java, Groovy
• KAFKA, Avro, Zookeeper
• ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, MariaDB
• Akka, Akka Persistence, Akka Clustering
• Cats, ZIO, Http4s, Magnolia
• GIT, Docker Swarm/Kubernetes, Jenkins, ELK, Zabbix, Terraform, VMWare
• Nightwatch, Spock, ScalaTest
• Agile, Scrum, Extreme programming
• DevOps experience: Python and BASH scripting, Experience in troubleshooting production problems, analyzing logs, improving analyzing performance
• Willingness to write unit, integration and acceptance tests
• Understanding of best practices in scalable server-side architecture
• Experience with Event Sourcing and CQRS.
• Knowledge of UML and PlantUML
• ZIO, Cats Effects, FS2, Monocle, Magnolia, Http4s, Jackson.
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
• Long-term employment
• Career growth opportunities
• Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
• English classes with a native speaker
• Health insurance
• Free lunches
• Take an active part in the ongoing processes and product development of the company;
• Responsible for producing a high-quality deliverable solution in a timely fashion;
• Ready to be responsible to resolve the technically complex and challenging tasks;
• Use continuous integration and continuous delivery practices for increasing productivity of work;
• Troubleshooting production problems, analyzing logs, improving analyzing performance;
• Have a strong Scala knowledge as the main programming language for building high quality services;
Newage is a fintech product company with the R&D center in Kyiv.
Our main product, at the moment is iGaming platform based on Cloud Native SAAS В2В ; it has been in the production environment for 4 years and has been used by several dozens of international brands.
Our platform is based on reactive microservice architecture with more than 150 in production.
We are a young and ambitious company, using cutting edge technologies and modern engineering practices.
General technical details of the project:
— Reactive microservice architecture with more than 150 in production.
— Event driven architecture which uses APACHE Kafka as an Event Storage
— gRpc to connect services
— JVM as the main stack for developing microservices,
— Scala as the main programming language
— AKKA Actor,AKKA Typed,AKKA Cluster,AKKA Persistence
— Cats, ZIO, Cats Effects, Monocle, Magnolia,
— Slick, Elastic4S,
— PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Clickhouse for persistent storage
— When developing each microservice, we select the most optimal approaches;