Our client is one of Europe’s fastest-growing mobile companies with over 5 million active customers, 1,000 employees worldwide and operations in 8 countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers. The ambition of our client is to reach 1 billion users by 2020 by extending the list of the services they provide. More challenging and innovative projects are coming our way this year!
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Review and approve the database design and data models produced by development teams. Understand the logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
• Monitor databases/Servers to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases. Address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance & conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications. Maintain development, test, and production environments.
• Monitor and manage database backups, logs, and journals. Install, maintain, and upgrade database software. Restore and/or recover data as required.
• Monitor and maintain database security and database software. Controlling access permissions and privileges.
• Ability to make a migration of existing functionality to OpenSourse technologies (MySQL\PostgreSQL)
• Provide advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages. Advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues. May evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware.
• Create, procure and maintain various database related documents such as manuals design, ER diagram, procedures and definition for a data dictionary and programmers handbooks.
Install Database servers and related software and tools.
• Provide support for the operation teams 24/7 — on-call in off-work hours only for critical issues.
• Good experience with database administration and MSSQL (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016).
• 2+ years of experience with MSSQL (SQL Azure).
• Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS.
• 1+ years of experience with File System (NTFS, Hadoop), Big Data (Hive, MapR, Pig) and No SQL (MongoDB, Couchbase).
• Able to take instruction, and deliver to deadlines.
• Willingness to learn and develop wider IN skill-set as part of the Networks team.
• Good written and oral communication skills (English).
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN and automation using Terraform
• Experience with recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with replication configuration
• Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications
• Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL
• Good knowledge of MySQL
Nice to have:
• Strong experience of DevOps concepts and methodologies
• Good experience of JSON scripting
• Strong experience in Cloud server environments like AWS and Azure
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• 18 business days of payable annual free-time
• 10 days of paid sick leave
• IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Regular office fruit delivery
• Challenging tasks and projects
• An individual development plan
• A personal education budget
• A regular performance appraisal
• Meetups and events for professional development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Business trips
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping pong, and more