Our client is one of Europe’s fastest-growing mobile companies with over 5 million active customers, 1,000 employees worldwide and operations in 8 countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services, they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers. To cope with rapidly growing business demands our client is launching its R&D centers in Lviv/Kyiv, Ukraine, with us.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Review and approve the database design and data models produced by development teams. Understand the logical data models and translates into physical database structures that integrate with existing or proposed database structures.
• Ability to make a migration of existing functionality to OpenSourse technologies (MySQL\PostgreSQL)
• Provide advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages. Advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues. May evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware.
• Create, procure and maintain various database related documents such as manuals design, ER diagram, procedures and definition for a data dictionary and programmers handbooks.
• Provide support for the operation teams 24/7 — on-call in off-work hours only for critical issues.
• 5+ years of experience with MSSQL (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016)
• 2+ years of experience with MySQL
• Good knowledge of SQL dialects of SQL Server and MySQL (or PostgreSQL)
• Good knowledge of data structures in this DBMS — tables, indexes, partitions (sharding in MySQL), views, etc.
• Knowledge of effective methods for transferring data from one DBMS to another (for example, SSIS)
• Able to take instruction, and deliver to deadlines
• Willingness to learn and develop wider IN skill-set as part of the Networks team
• Good written and oral communication skills (English)
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high-level specifications
As a plus:
• Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
• 1+ years of experience with File System (NTFS, Hadoop), Big Data (Hive, MapR, Pig) and No SQL (MongoDB, Couchbase)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and SVN and automation using Terraform
• Strong experience of DevOps concepts and methodologies
• Good experience of JSON scripting
• Strong experience in Cloud server environments like AWS and Azure
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• 18 business days of payable annual free-time
• 10 days of paid sick leave
• IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• An inspiring and comfy office
• Regular office fruit delivery
• Challenging tasks and projects
• An individual development plan
• A personal education budget
• A regular performance appraisal
• Meetups and events for professional development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Business trips
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping pong, and more