The Software Engineer is a hands-on developer and is responsible for creating software solutions that will help grow as a business. Use your talent to innovate and transform complex concepts into clean, simple solutions. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
Business we build solutions for is an office supply retailing company which employs about 38,000 associates and operates 1,400 retail stores, e-commerce sites and a business-to-business sales organization. Across the job areas of retail, sales, supply chain and corporate, the company makes transformation of their product to the new level.
- Write well-documented, highly maintainable and performing code, with appropriate test coverage
- Investigate and resolve application issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Demonstrate in-depth experience with e-Commerce and web application technologies, especially in the areas of writing high performance, reliable and maintaining code
- Conduct and participate in code reviews that span multiple languages and applications
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching, and feedback as well as conducting design sessions, assisting in code deployments and day-to-day operations
- Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, etc.
- Participate in Agile Ceremonies to provide feedback and communicate issues/blockers and communicate project status.
- Excellent SASS/CSS skills (essential)
- Excellent HTML skills (essential), ideally with JSTL knowledge
- Knowledge of web security
- Knowledge of accessibility standards
- Knowledge of testing front-end work, both in-browser and code-based (such as Jest)
- Knowledge of responsive design
- Knowledge of build tools, such as Webpack
- Knowledge of GIT
- Standard 'ways of working' knowledge, such as conducting code reviews, working in an Agile team etc.
- Upper-intermediate level of English
- Flexible working format — remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings
REFER A FRIEND, GET A BONUS
Do you have a talented, smart, and tech-savvy friend? Tell them about N-iX, help them find their dream job, and receive a pleasant bonus as a thank you.