N-iX Game & VR Studio is a team of 150+ professionals delivering top-quality games and VR solutions to various game and media enterprises and startups. Among our clients are Supermassive Games, Paradox Interactive, Wargaming.net, Tempo Storm, and other established game businesses and VR startups. We deliver AAA quality of work and offer competitive benefits to our employees.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Animator, capable of creating superb animations for games and VR experiences utilizing both keyframe animation and motion capture data.
As Animation Lead, you will lead our creative and gifted team of animators, ensuring the ultimate quality of art assets we produce, building and maintaining qualitative goals and artistic consistency for 2D/3D animation, setting high visual standards, and defining the styles and pipelines across different projects and studio’s portfolio.
In this role, you are expected to step in to coach your team, define goals for your subordinates, resolve any setbacks, and deliver feedback with confidence both to the team and the client. You will also manage freelance resources to ensure that the production goes according to schedule.
- Developing the animation of projects, leading the creation of an animation pipeline and feel of the game and its characters
- Leading animation production of internal & external teams, providing detailed feedback to animators
- Defining animation guidelines, processes and pipelines
- Participating in the estimation process of new games
- Working closely with studio stakeholders, communicating your vision for animation department improvement
- Ensuring that final production art is up to expected standards of design and polish
- Communicating with clients to identify opportunities for improvement to ensure that the product is of the highest quality
- At least 2 years experience as an Animation Lead in Game Development
- At least 5 years experience as a 2D or 3D Animator in Game Development
- Portfolio with at least 2 successful finished projects
- Ability to develop comprehensive and competitive animation guidelines
- Ability to keep an eye on the latest popular trends in games and animation techniques
- Excellent knowledge of 2D art and techniques and 3D modeling/processes and techniques
- Excellent knowledge of 2D and 3D animation software packages
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills; Ability to convey thoughts and messages in a clear and neat way
- Outstanding technical skills in rigging and animation complete understanding of the principles of animation and character anatomy
- Great experience with motion capture animation and its processes
- Upper-intermediate or advanced English level
- Being a gamer is a BIG PLUS
- Familiarity with Unity & UE4 is a BIG PLUS
- Good to have some basic knowledge of programming/scripting in any language (Mel, Python)
- Flexible working hours
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- 18 business days of payable annual free-time
- 10 days of paid sick leave
- IT Club membership card which provides pleasant discounts
- A masseur and a corporate doctor
- An inspiring and comfy office
- Regular office fruit delivery
- Challenging tasks and projects
- An individual development plan
- A personal education budget
- A regular performance appraisal
- Meetups and events for professional development
- Business trips
- Corporate events and outstanding parties
- Exciting team buildings
- Memorable anniversary presents
- A fun zone where you can play video games, football, ping, and more.
REFER A FRIEND, GET A BONUS
Do you have a talented, smart, and tech-savvy friend? Tell them about N-iX, help them find their dream job, and receive a pleasant bonus as a thank you.