Our client, is one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile companies with over five million active customers, 1,000 employees worldwide and operations in eight countries. The client is using the mobile virtual network operator business model. As one of their core services they provide “Pay As You Go” mobile SIM cards, targeted towards the needs of international communities and migrant workers.
Cloud strategy is based around a dual vendor solutioning model, utilising AWS and Azure services.
This enables us to access more technologies and helps mitigate risks across our infrastructure. The Infrastructure Services Team is responsible for the delivery and support of all infrastructure used by our Client twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The team’s primary function is to install, maintain, and implement all infrastructure-based systems, both On Premise and Cloud Hosted.
The purpose of the role is to ensure high systems availability across a multi-cloud environment, enabling the business to continue meeting its objectives.
This role will be mostly AWS / Linux focused but will include a requirement to understand comparative solutions in Azure. This role will report directly into the Infrastructure Services Manager and will have responsibility for the day to day running of the multi-cloud environment, as well as playing a key part in designing best practise solutions. It will enable the Client’s business to achieve its stated objectives by playing a key role in the Infrastructure Services Team to achieve world-class benchmarks of customer service and support.
• Deliver end to end technical and user support across all platforms (On-premise, AWS)
• Day to day, fully hands-on OS management responsibilities (Windows and Linux operating systems)
• Contribute to continuous improvement efforts around cost optimisation, security enhancement, performance optimisation, operational efficiency and innovation.
• Work closely with Cloud Architects / Infrastructure Services Manager to identify and eliminate “waste” across cloud platforms.
• Assist several internal DevOps teams with day to day running of pipeline management and drive standardisation where possible
• Use the appropriate monitoring tools to ensure all cloud / on-premise services are continuously monitored
• Drive utilisation of most efficient methods of resource deployment (Terraform, CloudFormation, Bootstrap)
• Drive the adoption, across the business, of serverless / open source / cloud native technologies where applicable.
• Ensure system documentation remains up to date and designed according to AWS best practise templates
• Take part in regular discussions with business executives to translate their needs into technical and operational plans.
• Help design necessary infrastructure and processes to support the recovery of critical technology and systems in line with contingency plans for the business
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — required
AZ-103/AZ-104 — required
AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner — nice to have
• Able to demonstrate working knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining best practise AWS solutions
• Working knowledge of driving cost optimisation, security enhancement and performance optimisation
• Solid understanding and experience of transitioning IaaS solutions to serverless technology
• Must have working production knowledge of deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform.
• Working experience of ‘On Premise to Cloud’ migrations
• Experience of Data Center technology infrastructure development and management
• Working knowledge of MySQL and SQL Server / Cloud native databases (RDS / Aurora)
• Experience of Carrier-Grade Networking — On-Prem and Cloud
• Experience in virtualization technologies and ITIL and Project management
• Documentation skills
• Good communication skills in English
• Analytical skills
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring, comfy, clean, and safe office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more