Our client is a technology-led foreign exchange payments firm aiming to fundamentally change the deliverable FX market-based in London (UK). They have developed a powerful foreign exchange and international payments technology platform. By making the market transparent, cheap, and simple to access via this platform, its customers can deliver any foreign exchange payments related service to their own customers. They developed an independent exchange that delivers FX conversion and payments as a cloud-based web service that takes away the uncertainty, cost, risk, and complexity of currency from everyday transactions.
About the role:
We’re looking for a passionate, high-agency Business Analyst to join our company.
Your mission is to chase down and remove all impediments for a dedicated scrum team so you can all concentrate on quickly and sustainably delivering value for our customers and business.
Your work will be framed by three questions:
• Technical discovery: Do the engineers and stakeholders have all the
documentation and knowledge needed to deliver value for our customers and
• Delivery: What can be done to identify and remove all impediments faced by the scrum team in delivering value for our customers?
• Agile & lean practices: How can we ensure a culture of continuous learning when it comes to agile and lean practices?
• Detailed discovery on things like payment files, bank or operational flows, and systems maps
• Working with internal & external teams to develop and maintain technical documentation
• Ensuring requirements are detailed enough to take into sprint, including functional & non-functional requirements
• Collaborating in the writing of epics and user stories
• Doing what is needed to unblock the scrum team during the sprint
• Stakeholder management
• Reporting and managing operational delivery metrics
• Leading/coordinating standard agile ceremonies
• Suggesting improvements to agile ways of working to increase productivity & employee engagement
• 2 years + proven experience in Business Analyst or Scrum Master role, preferably in a software-first Fintech or start-up
• In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, with real experience in creating working environments that adhere to them
• Proven track record of chasing down impediments to deliver value for customers and business
• Ability to communicate equally effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Preferably domain knowledge in Fintech — e.g. payments, FX, transaction banking or trading
• A self-starter who takes accountability for getting things done
• Top-notch stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
• Exceptional structure and attention to detail
• Comfortable challenging the status quo and always curious about the way things work
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working in a scale up or growth environment and as part of a wider team
• Flexible working hours
• A competitive salary and good compensation package
• Best hardware
• A masseur and a corporate doctor
• Healthcare & sport benefits
• An inspiring, comfy, clean and safe office
• Challenging tasks and innovative projects
• Meetups and events for professional development
• An individual development plan
• Mentorship program
• Corporate events and outstanding parties
• Exciting team buildings
• Memorable anniversary presents
• A fun zone where you can play video games, foosball, ping pong, and more.